Hi all, I've been looking at implementing the complex multiply patterns for the amdgcn port, but I'm not getting the code I was hoping for. When I try to use the patterns on x86_64 or AArch64 they don't seem to work there either, so is there something wrong with the middle-end? I've tried both current HEAD and GCC 11. The example shown in the internals manual is a simple loop multiplying two arrays of complex numbers, and writing the results to a third. I had expected that it would use the largest vectorization factor available, with the real/imaginary numbers in even/odd lanes as described, but the vectorization factor is only 2 (so, a single complex number), and I have to set -fvect-cost-model=unlimited to get even that. I tried another example with SLP and that too uses the cmul patterns only for a single real/imaginary pair. Did proper vectorization of cmul ever really work? There is a case in the testsuite for the pattern match, but it isn't in a loop. Thanks Andrew P.S. I attached my testcase, in case I'm doing something stupid. P.P.S. The manual says the pattern is "cmulm4", etc., but it's actually "cmulm3" in the implementation.