From: Jeffrey A Law <law@hurl.cygnus.com>
To: egcs@cygnus.com
Subject: Re: prototyping
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 14:30:54 -0000	[thread overview]

  In message <m0wzo16-0004ecC@ocean.lucon.org>you write:

  > > > I don't think Kenner will install it.
  > >
  > > I started doing some prototyping a couple years ago and Kenner
  > > rejected my patches, so I gave up.
  >
  > I will break my huge patch up into small pieces. But it
  > will take a while. What kind of division is better, by file?
I think by file -- which is how the intial prototyping work went into
the compiler -- file by file.

Maybe a good first step is to get each file's static functions dealt with
first.

Then start getting all the missing prototypes for extern functions dealt
with working on one .h file at a time.

The last step would be to start fixing all the target config files.

  > cpplib.c is not used in Linux. I also left out gcc.c and a few
  > other files. I am afraid my current patch is already too big.
  > After it is installed, I will take care of others.
One of the things we should be doing -- switching to cpplib across
the board instead of for just the fixing of header files.

Per, are there any technical reasons why we can't start this soon?

Jeff