* Re: Unique SMTP From header?
@ 1997-08-19 19:24 Nick STEPHEN
From: Nick STEPHEN @ 1997-08-19 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

The mailing list *does* seem to be weirdly set up, however, I manage
successfully sort on this line:

Sorting on a To: field is a Bad Thing(TM).

* Re: Unique SMTP From header?
@ 1997-08-19 19:00 ` Dan A. Dickey
From: Dan A. Dickey @ 1997-08-19 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

--------------34E1C86DEF52D15062591CA0

Peter Seebach wrote:

> >Is it possible to set the envelope sender of all mail coming from the
> list
> >to some unique address, e.g. egcs-errors@cygnus.com, or something
> similar?
> >It would make sorting with procmail much easier.
>
> Seconded!
>
> I hope in the near future to be able to sort my mail, and I am hoping
> for
> all of my mailing lists to be easily identifiable.
>
> -s

Isn't the To: egcs@cygnus.com unique enough?
Of course, it might appear in a CC: line.
    -Dan

--
Dan A. Dickey  http://www.transition.com/
mailto:ddickey@transition.com

--------------34E1C86DEF52D15062591CA0

begin:          vcard
fn:             Dan Dickey
n:              Dickey;Dan
org:            Transition Networks, Inc.
adr:            6475 City West Parkway;;;Eden Prairie;MN;55344;USA
email;internet: ddickey@transition.com
title:          Sr. Software Engineer
tel;work:       612-941-7600
tel;fax:        612-941-2322
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE
end:            vcard

@ 1997-08-19 17:54 Peter Seebach
From: Peter Seebach @ 1997-08-19 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

>Is it possible to set the envelope sender of all mail coming from the list
>to some unique address, e.g. egcs-errors@cygnus.com, or something similar?
>It would make sorting with procmail much easier.

Seconded!

I hope in the near future to be able to sort my mail, and I am hoping for
all of my mailing lists to be easily identifiable.

-s

* Unique SMTP From header?
@ 1997-08-19 16:06 Thomas Koenig
From: Thomas Koenig @ 1997-08-19 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Is it possible to set the envelope sender of all mail coming from the list
to some unique address, e.g. egcs-errors@cygnus.com, or something similar?
It would make sorting with procmail much easier.

--
Thomas Koenig, Thomas.Koenig@ciw.uni-karlsruhe.de, ig25@dkauni2.bitnet.
The joy of engineering is to find a straight line on a double