* f/runtime configure for x-builds?
@ 1997-08-21  6:32 Mumit Khan
From: Mumit Khan @ 1997-08-21  6:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

currently the configuration for f/runtime is botched for x-builds, since
the configuration scripts uses host CC to do its job; eg., if your host
is i386-linux-gnulibc1 and target is i386-cygwin32, and you check for
__CYGWIN32__, it won't find it since host cc is probably not the same as
target and hence wouldn't define it.

For i386-cygwin32-g77, I did this by a horrible hack by forcing CC to be
GCC_FOR_TARGET, and even then it didn't work right. What's the right way
to do this?

Mumit

* Re: mdbench for g77 & f2c+gcc
@ 1997-08-21  6:33 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1997-08-21  6:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

  In message <199708210611.CAA05848@jenolan.rutgers.edu>you write:
  > I'm willing to bet that Ultra-3 will be 8 issue, and that should be
  > showing up within the next year (you'll have to second mortgage your
  > house to buy one initially though ;-) So these sort of strategies will
  > be even more important as 8 issue RISC pipes start showing up.
Another alternative is for Ultra-3 to switch gears and move to
an out of order execution model like PA8000.  Which takes much of
the emphasis off the compiler for scheduling.  (I really don't know
what the Ultra-3 is doing, just pointing out that some newer machines
don't need traditional latency scheduling -- in fact on the PA8000
traditional latency scheduling hurts performance).

  > I think Haifa will steer the way so that GCC can begin to cope with
  > this sort of stuff.
That's the hope.

jeff

* Re: gcc installation
@ 1997-08-21  8:00 ` Thomas Weise
From: Thomas Weise @ 1997-08-21  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

I've installed it on another machine now, and the problem with specs has
been going away. However, g++ hsn't been installed again. It also
wasn't built in the make directory. But explicitly typing 'make g++'
goes well ... When I've installed Cygnus's latest release from April this
wouldn't happen. So I don't know whats wrong there.

Thomas Weise, http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~tw4
Dresden University of Technology, Department of Computer Science