From: N8TM@aol.com <N8TM@aol.com>
To: egcs@cygnus.com
Subject: libF77
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 05:35:30 -0000	[thread overview]

I have tested some improvements for math functions in libF77.    For
f__cabs(), z_log(), and z_sqrt(), accuracy is much less dependent on extended
precision.  Single precision complex functions as well as double precision
complex SIN() are speeded up by at least a factor of 2 on my PPC.  As I have
not been able to get through configure with egcs, I am just offering anyone
interested a look at the code at members.aol.com/n8tm/mathf2c.uu   I'd be
interested in including asm() conditional defines for various additional
architectures if someone would test them, as well as any improvements in
accuracy which anyone may find.  I have included source code for all basic
transcendental functions where I have found inadequacy in glibc or libmoto.
 All of the functions have been tested with -fargument-noalias-global but
might better be modified to use "restrict" appropriately if that is adopted
by gcc.  The basic functions have been tested under IRIX and HPUX as well.
 I'm hoping with more detailed support for various platforms to get an
improved libF77 eventually.

Tim