* Re: egcs-970825 cross build question
@ 1997-08-28 15:58 Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 1997-08-28 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

   Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 10:46:47 -0500 (CDT)
   From: Joel Sherrill <joel@OARcorp.com>

   I am trying to build the rtems configurations using egcs-970825.
   With the old organization, I used the one-tree shell script
   (ftp.cygnus.com:/pub/embedded/crossgcc) to generate a binutils,
   gcc, newlib source tree to configure and build.  The new organization
   seem incompatible with this.  Is there another one-tree script
   I should be using?

   Could someone please tell me what should be linked under a src directory
   to make a one-tree build possible?

I believe the egcs snapshot is arranged like a standard Cygnus
binutils or gdb release.  You should be able to just copy the
bfd/gas/include/newlib etc. directories in as siblings to the gcc
directory.  You should then be able to just run configure and make.

Ian

* Re: egcs-970825 cross build question
@ 1997-08-28 23:24 Doug Evans
From: Doug Evans @ 1997-08-28 23:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

   Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 17:30:37 -0500 (CDT)
   From: Joel Sherrill <joel@OARcorp.com>

   > I believe the egcs snapshot is arranged like a standard Cygnus
   > binutils or gdb release.  You should be able to just copy the
   > bfd/gas/include/newlib etc. directories in as siblings to the gcc
   > directory.  You should then be able to just run configure and make.

   This did the trick. I have a modified version of the one-tree script to
   work with egcs now.

   I can post it or email it to Doug if he is interested.

I'll update the script.

* Re: egcs-970825 cross build question
@ 1997-08-28 23:24 Joel Sherrill
From: Joel Sherrill @ 1997-08-28 23:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

On Thu, 28 Aug 1997, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

> I believe the egcs snapshot is arranged like a standard Cygnus
> binutils or gdb release.  You should be able to just copy the
> bfd/gas/include/newlib etc. directories in as siblings to the gcc
> directory.  You should then be able to just run configure and make.

This did the trick. I have a modified version of the one-tree script to
work with egcs now.

I can post it or email it to Doug if he is interested.

--joel

* egcs-970825 cross build question
@ 1997-08-28 15:38 ` Joel Sherrill
From: Joel Sherrill @ 1997-08-28 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

I am trying to build the rtems configurations using egcs-970825.
With the old organization, I used the one-tree shell script
(ftp.cygnus.com:/pub/embedded/crossgcc) to generate a binutils,
gcc, newlib source tree to configure and build.  The new organization
seem incompatible with this.  Is there another one-tree script
I should be using?

Could someone please tell me what should be linked under a src directory
to make a one-tree build possible?

Thanks.  At this point, I don't know how to build egcs snapshots
for rtems or any other embedded target.

--joel