* egcs at hp-ux8.0
@ 1997-09-01  1:12 Jan Hubicka
From: Jan Hubicka @ 1997-09-01  1:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Hi
I've compiled egcs at hpux8.0 (hp425e with MC-68040 machine) and it works
well, except I had following compilation problems:
I had to change #elif to #else #if since HP-UX cpp complains about unknown
preprocesor dirrective, change %ccr to %cc in m68k.h since HP-UX assembles
don't know about %ccr register, %cc seems to work just fine and
change defaults from MC-68020 with MC-68881 to MC-68040 since 400 series
has this CPU (instead of 300 series, that was detected by configure script)
Note that I had small problem that mset calulation loop sometimes works
well and sometimes crashes with fpu exception, but this does not happends
with native HP-UX compiler nor intel platforms...
Maybe something is wrong with version of assembly file. Doc say that
MC-68010 requires version 1
MC-68020 requires version 2
MC-68020 with MC-68881 requires version 3
But there is nothing about MC-68040...  I have outdated docs (for HP-UX 7.5)

but then all other FP programs seems to work. Mset loop always poduces
exception when run first time and then(next time) it works.

I also noticed interesting fact that -m68020-40 works faster than -m68040
at mset caluclation loop wich is IMO quite strange. It produces same
fp exceptions as -m68040

Hope this helps
                   Have you browsed my www pages? Look at:
                       http://www.paru.cas.cz/~hubicka
      Koules-the game for Svgalib,X11 and OS/2,  Xonix-the game for X11
      czech documentation for linux index, original 2D computer art and
              funny 100 years old photos and articles are there!

* Re: egcs at hp-ux8.0
@ 1997-09-04 13:53 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1997-09-04 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Hubicka; +Cc: egcs

  In message < 19970901102738.51374@horac.ta.jcu.cz >you write:
  > I had to change #elif to #else #if since HP-UX cpp complains about unknown
  > preprocesor dirrective,
I assume you're referring to the #elif in toplev.c?

If so, I think Jim fixed that a few minutes ago.

I fixed some more in the x86 config files.

  > change %ccr to %cc in m68k.h since HP-UX assembles
  > don't know about %ccr register, %cc seems to work just fine
Yea, the MACHINE_SAVE_STATE stuff needs someone to fix it.

  > change defaults from MC-68020 with MC-68881 to MC-68040 since 400 series
  > has this CPU (instead of 300 series, that was detected by configure script)
Worth noting.  I'll try to fix this.

  > Note that I had small problem that mset calulation loop sometimes works
  > well and sometimes crashes with fpu exception, but this does not happends
  > with native HP-UX compiler nor intel platforms...
Do you have source code for the program that is getting the fpu excepction,
could you send it to us?  We might be able to do something about it.

jeff