* Re: include hackery
       [not found] <340871EF.6B4F@datadesign.nospam.com>
@ 1997-09-02 10:52 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 1997-09-02 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: korbb; +Cc: egcs

   Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 12:18:07 -0700
   From: Bruce Korb <korbb@datadesign.nospam.com>

   Attached is the "inclhack.sh" generated script for your possible
   assistence.

The only problem I saw in a quick glance is that using functions in sh
scripts is unfortunately nonportable.

In general, this seems like a very promising approach.  It would be
nice if people on different systems could compare this to the
traditional fixincludes script.

You can run
    fixincludes foo /usr/include
to fix the header files in /usr/include into the directory foo.  If
you do that with the traditional fixincludes and with Bruce's new
inclhack script, we can see whether inclhack does the same thing.  Any
differences would presumably require investigation.

Ian

* Re: Include Hackery
@ 1997-09-02 15:47 ` Jim Wilson
From: Jim Wilson @ 1997-09-02 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruce Korb; +Cc: egcs

	2.  The commentary to the right of "#else" and "#endif" used to
	    be stripped.  I put it inside "/* */".

Trying to modify what fixincludes does is always a risky business.

What if this commentary includes a comment?  If you have
	#endif foo /* stuff */
you then get nested comments and we still get a warning with -pedantic.

Looking through the ChangeLogs, I see that we did indeed run into a problem
with this, though it is not the first case I thought of.  Consider this
example
	/* Comment out this stuff
        #ifdef foo
	#endif foo
	end of comment.  */
If you fix the foo by changing it to /* foo */, then you now have a nested
comment.  This is worse than what we started with, because this is now a
syntax error regardless of what options are used.

Thu Jul  1 18:15:17 1993  Paul Eggert  (eggert@twinsun.com)

	* fixinc.svr4: Remove everything after #endif, instead of trying
        to turn it into comments, which loses inside comments.
        * fixincludes: Likewise.  Remove #endif workarounds for Ultrix 4.[12]
        and SunOS 4.1, which are no longer needed because of this bug fix.

Jim

* RE: Include Hackery
@ 1997-09-02 11:26 Bruce Korb
From: Bruce Korb @ 1997-09-02 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Lance Taylor; +Cc: egcs

Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

> The only problem I saw in a quick glance is that using functions in sh
> scripts is unfortunately nonportable.

I am not a portable shell expert.  In fact, I mostly use ksh.
Anyway, I'll regen it and embed it inside the main loop
for anyone that needs it that way.

> In general, this seems like a very promising approach.  It would be
> nice if people on different systems could compare this to the
> traditional fixincludes script.
>
> You can run
>     fixincludes foo /usr/include

Thanks.  This is what I was hoping people would do.

> Any differences would presumably require investigation.

I can tell you of two that I know about:
1.  the "#undef NULL" inserted before "#define NULL" is left-justified

--
Bruce Korb                      | Data Design Systems, Inc.
Korbb at DataDesign dot com     | 45 Cabot Dr., Suite 110

* include hackery
@ 1997-08-30 19:18 ` Bruce Korb
From: Bruce Korb @ 1997-08-30 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

--------------15CB44B55F50

After the email traffic this past week, I decided to look at
what fixincludes was really doing, partly because it looked
like it might be prone to a development approach I have been
playing with.  What I found was:

1.  The egrep pattern used to select files for ansification of
    machine names always selected every file.

2.  The files are read in over and over in long lists.
    All processing of a single file should be done all at once
    so the file system cache can do its thing.

So, I used some editing magic and a little sweat (~2hrs) to extract
the 80 or so hacks into their fundamental descriptions.  These
descriptions consist of the list of files they might apply to,
tests to run to see if they should be attempted and the sed
or shell scripts needed to implement the hack.  From these
descriptions, I generated an equivalent shell script that addressed
issue #2.  I then simplified and separated the "#else", "#endif",
ansified machine names and the IO macro fixes to address #1.
The result works on my box.  If this script is found to work
generally (or found to work with minor mods), then I can *trivially*
generate a C program that does exactly the same thing.
At that point, I would be able to generate *BOTH* a shell script
and a C program from a *SINGLE* description of the needed changes.
Furthermore, the description file can work with the "config.h"
header file to omit the irrelevent tests.

Attached is the "inclhack.sh" generated script for your possible
assistence.
Also attached is the "inclhack.def" file, for your amusement.

--
Bruce Korb                      | Data Design Systems, Inc.
Korbb at DataDesign dot com     | 45 Cabot Dr., Suite 110
Voice:  408-260-0280            | Santa Clara,  CA   95051
Fax:    408-260-0281            | USA

--------------15CB44B55F50

#!/bin/sh -p
#
#  DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE.
#
#  It has been autogen-ned from inclhack.tpl and inclhack.def
#
# Install modified versions of certain ANSI-incompatible system header files
# which are fixed to work correctly with ANSI C
# and placed in a directory that GNU C will search.

# See README-fixinc for more information.

# inclhack is free software.
#
# You may redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the
# GNU General Public License, as published by the Free Software
# Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version.
#
# inclhack is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
# MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
# See the GNU General Public License for more details.
#
# along with inclhack.  See the file "COPYING".  If not,
# write to:  The Free Software Foundation, Inc.,
#            59 Temple Place - Suite 330,
#            Boston,  MA  02111-1307, USA.
# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #
#
# Directory containing the original header files.
# (This was named INCLUDES, but that conflicts with a name in Makefile.in.)
#
INPUT=${2-${INPUT-/usr/include}}

( \cd ${INPUT} > /dev/null 2>&1 ) || {
  echo fixincludes:  input dir '`'$INPUT"' is an invalid directory"
  exit 1
}

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #
#
# Directory in which to store the results.
# Fail if no arg to specify a directory for the output.
if [ "x$1" = "x" ]
then echo fixincludes: no output directory specified
exit 1
fi

LIB=${1}

# Make sure it exists.
if [ ! -d $LIB ]; then
  mkdir $LIB || {
    echo fixincludes:  output dir '`'$LIB"' cannot be created"
    exit 1
  }
else
  ( \cd $LIB && touch DONE && rm DONE ) || {
    echo fixincludes:  output dir '`'$LIB"' is an invalid directory"
    exit 1
  }
fi

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #
#
# Define PWDCMD as a command to use to get the working dir
# in the form that we want.
PWDCMD=pwd

case "`$PWDCMD`" in
//*)
    # On an Apollo, discard everything before `/usr'.
    PWDCMD="eval pwd | sed -e 's,.*/usr/,/usr/,'"
    ;;
esac

# Original directory.
ORIGDIR=`${PWDCMD}`

# Figure out how to return from a function call
#
if test -z "$RANDOM"
then
    RETURN=exit
else
    RETURN=return
fi

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #
#
rehack_file()
{
  if ( test ! -r $1/$3 -o \
      -n "`fgrep 'This file is part of the GNU C Library' $1/$3`" )
  then ${RETURN} 0 ; fi
  echo "Checking $3..."
  fixlist=""

  # Endif_Label fix
  #
    if ( test -n "`egrep '^[ 	]*#[ 	]*endif[ 	]+[!-.0-~]' $1/$3`"
       ) > /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	endif_label"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	else_label"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	IO_macros"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	ansify"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	ioctl_fix_quotes"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	ioctl_fix_ctrl"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	undefine_NULL"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	systypes"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	hp_inline"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	statsswtch_syntax"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	ultrix_ifdef"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	hp_sysfile"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	sun_catmacro"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	sun_rusers_semi"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	sun_bogus_ifdef_vax"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	sun_bogus_ifdef_sun4c"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	sony_include"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	irix_cplusplus_comment"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	VxWorks_cplusplus_comment"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	no_double_slash"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	IRIX_sockaddr"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	sun_non_ansi_memcpy"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	rs6000_class_double"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	rs6000_fchmod_prototype"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	x11_class_conflict"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	x11_new_conflict"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	x11_class_conflict_usage"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	NeXT_math_prefix"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	NeXT_template"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	NeXT_volitile"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	AIX_syswait"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	NeXT_wait_union"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
    :
  else
    echo "#define __need___va_list"
    echo "#include "
  fi

  # Use __gnuc_va_list in arg types in place of va_list.
  # On 386BSD use __gnuc_va_list instead of _VA_LIST_.  We're hoping the
  # trailing parentheses and semicolon save all other systems from this.
  # Define __va_list__ (something harmless and unused) instead of va_list.
  # Don't claim to have defined va_list.
  sed -e 's@ va_list @ __gnuc_va_list @' \
      -e 's@ va_list)@ __gnuc_va_list)@' \
      -e 's@ _BSD_VA_LIST_));@ __gnuc_va_list));@' \
      -e 's@ _VA_LIST_));@ __gnuc_va_list));@' \
      -e 's@ va_list@ __va_list__@' \
      -e 's@\*va_list@*__va_list__@' \
      -e 's@ __va_list)@ __gnuc_va_list)@' \
      -e 's@GNUC_VA_LIST@GNUC_Va_LIST@' \
      -e 's@_NEED___VA_LIST@_NEED___Va_LIST@' \
      -e 's@VA_LIST@DUMMY_VA_LIST@' \
      -e 's@_Va_LIST@_VA_LIST@' )  $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	Ultrix_ansi_compat"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	news_os_recursive_stdlib"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	limits_ifndefs"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1
	then sed -e '/define[ 	]HUGE_VAL[ 	]/i\
#ifndef HUGE_VAL
' \
	-e '/define[ 	]HUGE_VAL[ 	]/a\
#endif
'\
	-e "/define[ 	]HUGE_VAL[ 	]DBL_MAX/s/DBL_MAX/$dbl_max_def/"
	else sed -e '/define[ 	]HUGE_VAL[ 	]/i\
#ifndef HUGE_VAL
' \
	-e '/define[ 	]HUGE_VAL[ 	]/a\
#endif
'
	fi )  $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	Alpha_bad_parens"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	Lynx_bad_void_int"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	bad_struct_term"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	m88k_bad_s_if"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	Alpha_getopt_decls"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	Interactive_add1"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	Interactive_add2"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	Interactive_add3"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	ISC_fmod"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	ISC_sys_limits"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	kandr_concatenation"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	SunOS_matherr_decl"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	hpux_assert_for_cxx"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	broken_assert_stdio"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	broken_assert_stdlib"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	Alpha_sbrk"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 &2
         rm -f $2/${3} $2/${3}. )  $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	m88k_multi_include"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 &2
      cpp_wrapper=`echo $3 | sed -e 's,\.,_,g' -e 's,/,_,g'`
      sed -e "1i
#ifndef __GCC_GOT_${cpp_wrapper}_
#define __GCC_GOT_${cpp_wrapper}_
" \
	-e "$a
#endif /* ! __GCC_GOT_${cpp_wrapper}_ */
" )  $2/$3.
      exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	va_i960_macro_defs"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	VxWorks_gcc_problem"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	VxWorks_needs_vxWorks"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
      fixlist="${fixlist}
	VxWorks_time_needs_vxTypes"
      if [ ! -r $2/$3 ]
      then exec 4 $2/$3.
      exec 4 /dev/null 2>&1
  then
    rm -f $2/$3
  else
    echo "Fixed $3:${fixlist}"

    # Find any include directives that use "file".
    #
    for include in `egrep '^[    ]*#[    ]*include[      ]*"[^/]' $2/$3 |
         sed -e 's/^[        ]*#[    ]*include[      ]*"\([^"]*\)".*$/\1/'`
    do
      dir=`echo $3 | sed -e s'|/[^/]*$||'`
      required="$required $1 $dir/$include $2/$dir/$include"
    done
  fi
}

# Make LIB absolute only if needed to avoid problems with the amd.
case $LIB in
/*)
    ;;
*)
    cd $LIB; LIB=`${PWDCMD}`
    ;;
esac

echo Building fixed headers in ${LIB}

# Determine whether this system has symbolic links.
if ln -s X $LIB/ShouldNotExist 2>/dev/null; then
  rm -f $LIB/ShouldNotExist
  LINKS=true
elif ln -s X /tmp/ShouldNotExist 2>/dev/null; then
  rm -f /tmp/ShouldNotExist
  LINKS=true
else
  LINKS=false
fi

echo Finding directories and links to directories
cd ${INPUT}
# Find all directories and all symlinks that point to directories.
# Put the list in $files.
# Each time we find a symlink, add it to newdirs
# so that we do another find within the dir the link points to.
# Note that $files may have duplicates in it;
# later parts of this file are supposed to ignore them.
dirs="."
levels=2
while [ -n "$dirs" ] && [ $levels -gt 0 ]
do
    levels=`expr $levels - 1`
    newdirs=
    for d in $dirs
    do
    echo " Searching $INPUT/$d"
    if [ "$d" != . ]
    then
        d=$d/.
    fi

    # Find all directories under $d, relative to $d, excluding $d itself.
        files="$files `find $d -type d -print | \
               sed -e '/\/\.$/d' -e '/^\.$/d'`"
    # Find all links to directories.
    # Using `-exec test -d' in find fails on some systems,
    # and trying to run test via sh fails on others,
    # so this is the simplest alternative left.
    # First find all the links, then test each one.
    theselinks=
    $LINKS && \
      theselinks=`find $d -type l -print`
    for d1 in $theselinks --dummy--
    do
        # If the link points to a directory,
        # add that dir to $newdirs
        if [ -d $d1 ]
        then
        files="$files $d1"
        if [ "`ls -ld $d1 | sed -n 's/.*-> //p'`" != "." ]
        then
            newdirs="$newdirs $d1"
        fi
        fi
    done
    done

    dirs="$newdirs"
done

dirs=
echo "All directories (including links to directories):"
echo $files

for file in $files; do
  rm -rf $LIB/$file
  if [ ! -d $LIB/$file ]
  then mkdir $LIB/$file
  fi
done
mkdir $LIB/root

# treetops gets an alternating list
# of old directories to copy
# and the new directories to copy to.
treetops="${INPUT} ${LIB}"

if $LINKS; then
  echo 'Making symbolic directory links'
  for file in $files; do
    dest=`ls -ld $file | sed -n 's/.*-> //p'`
    if [ "$dest" ]; then
      cwd=`${PWDCMD}`
      # In case $dest is relative, get to $file's dir first.
      cd ${INPUT}
      cd `echo ./$file | sed -n 's&[^/]*$&&p'`
      # Check that the target directory exists.
      # Redirections changed to avoid bug in sh on Ultrix.
      (cd $dest) > /dev/null 2>&1
      if [ $? = 0 ]; then
    cd $dest
    # X gets the dir that the link actually leads to.
    x=`${PWDCMD}`
    # Canonicalize ${INPUT} now to minimize the time an
    # automounter has to change the result of ${PWDCMD}.
    cinput=`cd ${INPUT}; ${PWDCMD}`
    # If a link points to ., make a similar link to .
    if [ $x = ${cinput} ]; then
      echo $file '->' . ': Making link'
      rm -fr ${LIB}/$file > /dev/null 2>&1
      ln -s . ${LIB}/$file > /dev/null 2>&1
    # If link leads back into ${INPUT},
    # make a similar link here.
    elif expr $x : "${cinput}/.*" > /dev/null; then
      # Y gets the actual target dir name, relative to ${INPUT}.
      y=`echo $x | sed -n "s&${cinput}/&&p"`
      # DOTS is the relative path from ${LIB}/$file's dir back to ${LIB}.
      dots=`echo "$file" |
        sed -e 's@^./@@' -e 's@/./@/@g' -e 's@[^/][^/]*@..@g' -e 's@..$@@'`
      echo $file '->' $dots$y ': Making link'
      rm -fr ${LIB}/$file > /dev/null 2>&1
      ln -s $dots$y ${LIB}/$file > /dev/null 2>&1
    else
      # If the link is to a dir $target outside ${INPUT},
      # repoint the link at ${INPUT}/root$target
      # and process $target into ${INPUT}/root$target
      # treat this directory as if it actually contained the files.
      echo $file '->' root$x ': Making link'
      if [ -d $LIB/root$x ]
      then true
      else
        dirname=root$x/
        dirmade=.
        cd $LIB
        while [ x$dirname != x ]; do
          component=`echo $dirname | sed -e 's|/.*$||'`
          mkdir $component >/dev/null 2>&1
          cd $component
          dirmade=$dirmade/$component
          dirname=`echo $dirname | sed -e 's|[^/]*/||'`
        done
      fi
      # Duplicate directory structure created in ${LIB}/$file in new
      # root area.
      for file2 in $files; do
        case $file2 in
          $file/./*)
        dupdir=${LIB}/root$x/`echo $file2 | sed -n "s|^${file}/||p"`
        echo "Duplicating ${file}'s ${dupdir}"
        if [ -d ${dupdir} ]
        then true
        else
          mkdir ${dupdir}
        fi
        ;;
          *)
        ;;
        esac
          done
      # Get the path from ${LIB} to $file, accounting for symlinks.
      parent=`echo "$file" | sed -e 's@/[^/]*$@@'`
      libabs=`cd ${LIB}; ${PWDCMD}`
      file2=`cd ${LIB}; cd $parent; ${PWDCMD} | sed -e "s@^${libabs}@@"`
      # DOTS is the relative path from ${LIB}/$file's dir back to ${LIB}.
      dots=`echo "$file2" | sed -e 's@/[^/]*@../@g'`
      rm -fr ${LIB}/$file > /dev/null 2>&1
      ln -s ${dots}root$x ${LIB}/$file > /dev/null 2>&1
      treetops="$treetops $x ${LIB}/root$x"
    fi
      fi
      cd $cwd
    fi
  done
fi

required=
set x $treetops
shift
while [ $# != 0 ]; do
  # $1 is an old directory to copy, and $2 is the new directory to copy to.
  cd ${INPUT}
  cd $1
  # The same dir can appear more than once in treetops.
  # There's no need to scan it more than once.
  if [ -f $2/DONE ]
  then
    shift ; shift
    continue
  fi

  touch $2/DONE
  echo Fixing directory $1 into $2

  # Check .h files which are symlinks as well as those which are files.
  # A link to a header file will not be processed by anything but this.
  if $LINKS; then
    files=`find . -name '*.h' \( -type f -o -type l \) -print`
  else
    files=`find . -name '*.h' -type f -print`
  fi
  echo Checking header files

  # Note that BSD43_* are used on recent MIPS systems.
  for file in $files; do
    rehack_file ${INPUT} ${LIB} $file
  done
  echo all files in ${1} have been rehacked
  shift ; shift
done

## Make sure that any include files referenced using double quotes
## exist in the fixed directory.  This comes last since otherwise
## we might end up deleting some of these files "because they don't
## need any change."
set x $required
shift
while [ $# != 0 ]; do
  newreq=
  while [ $# != 0 ]; do
    # $1 is the directory to copy from, $2 is the unfixed file,
    # $3 is the fixed file name.
    cd ${INPUT}
    cd $1
    if [ -r $2 ] && [ ! -r $3 ]; then
      cp $2 $3 >/dev/null 2>&1 || echo "Can't copy $2"
      chmod +w $3 2>/dev/null
      chmod a+r $3 2>/dev/null
      echo Copied $2
      for include in `egrep '^[ 	]*#[ 	]*include[ 	]*"[^/]' $3 |
             sed -e 's/^[ 	]*#[ 	]*include[ 	]*"\([^"]*\)".*$/\1/'`
      do
	dir=`echo $2 | sed -e s'|/[^/]*$||'`
	dir2=`echo $3 | sed -e s'|/[^/]*$||'`
	newreq="$newreq $1 $dir/$include $dir2/$include"
      done
    fi
    shift; shift; shift
  done
  set x $newreq
  shift
done

echo 'Cleaning up DONE files.'
cd $LIB
find . -name DONE -exec rm -f '{}' ';'

echo 'Removing unneeded directories:'
cd $LIB
files=`find . -type d -print | sort -r`
for file in $files; do
  rmdir $LIB/$file > /dev/null 2>&1
done

--------------15CB44B55F50

/* -*- Mode: C -*- */

autogen definitions inclhack;

inclhack = {
    hackname = endif_label;
    select   = "^[ \t]*#[ \t]*endif[ \t]+[!-.0-~]";
    sed      = "
                                   :loop
          /\\\\$/                       N
          /\\\\$/                       b loop
          s@^[ \t]*#[ \t]*endif[ \t][ \t]*\\([!-.0-~].*\\)@"
                "#endif /* \\1 */@";
};

inclhack = {
    hackname = else_label;
    select   = "^[ \t]*#[ \t]*else[ \t]+[!-.0-~]";
    sed      = "
                                   :loop
          /\\\\$/                       N
          /\\\\$/                       b loop
          s@^[ \t]*#[ \t]*else[ \t][ \t]*\\([!-.0-~].*\\)@"
                "#else /* \\1 */@";
};

inclhack = {
    hackname = IO_macros;
    select   = "_IO[A-Z]*[ \t]";
    sed = "/[ \t]_IO[A-Z]*[ \t]*(/s/\\(_IO[A-Z]*[ \t]*(\\)\\(.\\),/"
                                   "\\1'\\''\\2'\\'',/";
    sed = "/[ \t]BSD43__IO[A-Z]*[ \t]*(/s/(\\(.\\),/('\\''\\1'\\'',/";
    sed = "/#define.BSD43__IO/          s/'\\''\\([cgx]\\)'\\''/\\1/g";
};

inclhack = {
    hackname = ansify;
    /*
     *  Select '#else' and '#endif' with non-commentary text
     *  AND    '#if' and '#elif" with possible non-ansi symbols
     */
    select = "^#[ \t]*if[ \t].*[^a-zA-Z0-9_][_a-ce-km-zA-Z][a-zA-Z0-9]"
             "|^#[ \t]*elif[ \t].*[^a-zA-Z0-9_][_a-ce-km-zA-Z][a-zA-Z0-9]";
        sed = "
                                   :loop
          /\\\\$/                       N
          /\\\\$/                       b loop
          /#[\t ]*[el]*if/ {\n"
                "\t\ts/[a-zA-Z0-9_][a-zA-Z0-9_]*/ & /g\n"

                "\t\ts/ bsd4\\([0-9]\\) / __bsd4\\1__ /g\n"
                "\t\ts/ _*host_mips / __host_mips__ /g\n"
                "\t\ts/ _*i386 / __i386__ /g\n"
                "\t\ts/ M32 / __M32__ /g\n"
                "\t\ts/ is68k / __is68k__ /g\n"
                "\t\ts/ m68k / __m68k__ /g\n"
                "\t\ts/ mc680\\([0-9]\\)0 / __mc680\\10__ /g\n"
                "\t\ts/ m88k / __m88k__ /g\n"
                "\t\ts/ _*mips / __mips__ /g\n"
                "\t\ts/ news\\([0-9]*\\) / __news\\1__ /g\n"
                "\t\ts/ ns32000 / __ns32000__ /g\n"
                "\t\ts/ pdp11 / __pdp11__ /g\n"
                "\t\ts/ pyr / __pyr__ /g\n"
                "\t\ts/ sel / __sel__ /g\n"
                "\t\ts/ sony_news / __sony_news__ /g\n"
                "\t\ts/ sparc / __sparc__ /g\n"
                "\t\ts/ sun\\([a-z0-9]*\\) / __sun\\1__ /g\n"
                "\t\ts/ tahoe / __tahoe__ /g\n"
                "\t\ts/ tower\\([_0-9]*\\) / __tower\\1__ /g\n"
                "\t\ts/ u370 / __u370__ /g\n"
                "\t\ts/ u3b\\([0-9]*\\) / __u3b\\1__ /g\n"
                "\t\ts/ unix / __unix__ /g\n"
                "\t\ts/ vax / __vax__ /g\n"
                "\t\ts/ _*MIPSE\\([LB]\\) / __MIPSE\\1__ /g\n"
                "\t\ts/ _*\\([Rr][34]\\)000 / __\\1000__ /g\n"
                "\t\ts/ _*SYSTYPE_\\([A-Z0-9]*\\) / __SYSTYPE_\\1__ /g\n"

                "\t\ts/ \\([a-zA-Z0-9_][a-zA-Z0-9_]*\\) /\\1/g\n\t}";
};

inclhack = {
    hackname = ioctl_fix_quotes;
    select = "define[ \t][ \t]*_IO";
    sed    = "/define[ \t_[ \t]*_IO/s/'\\''\\([cgxtf]\\)'\\''/\\1/g";
};

inclhack = {
    hackname = ioctl_fix_ctrl;
    select = "CTRL[ \t]";
    sed =
        "/[^A-Z0-9_]CTRL[ \t]*(/   s/\\([^'\\'']\\))/'\\''\\1'\\'')/\n"
        "/[^A-Z0-9]_CTRL[ \t]*(/   s/\\([^'\\'']\\))/'\\''\\1'\\'')/\n"
        "/#define[ \t]*[ \t]CTRL/  s/'\\''\\([cgx]\\)'\\''/\\1/g\n"
        "/#define[ \t]*[ \t]_CTRL/ s/'\\''\\([cgx]\\)'\\''/\\1/g\n"
        "/#define[ \t]*[ \t]BSD43_CTRL/s/'\\''\\([cgx]\\)'\\''/\\1/g\n";
};

inclhack = {
    hackname = "undefine_NULL";
    select = "^#define[ \t][ \t]*NULL[ \t]";
    sed    = "/^#define[ \t][ \t]*NULL[ \t]/i\\\n"
		"#undef NULL\n";
};

inclhack = {
    hackname = systypes;
    files  = "sys/types.h";
    files  = "stdlib.h";
    files  = "sys/stdtypes.h";
    files  = "stddef.h";
    files  = "memory.h";
    files  = "unistd.h";
    select = "typedef[ \t]+[a-z_][ \ta-z_]*[ \t]"
             "(size|ptrdiff|wchar)_t";

      sed  = "/typedef[ \t][ \t]*[a-z_][ \ta-z_]*[ \t]size_t/i\\\n"
                   "#ifndef __SIZE_TYPE__\\\n"
                   "#define __SIZE_TYPE__ long unsigned int\\\n"
                   "#endif\n";

      sed  = "s/typedef[ \t][ \t]*[a-z_][ \ta-z_]*[ \t]size_t/"
               "typedef __SIZE_TYPE__ size_t/";

      sed  = "/typedef[ \t][ \t]*[a-z_][ \ta-z_]*[ \t]ptrdiff_t/i\\\n"
                   "#ifndef __PTRDIFF_TYPE__\\\n"
                   "#define __PTRDIFF_TYPE__ long int\\\n"
                   "#endif\n";

      sed  = "s/typedef[ \t][ \t]*[a-z_][ \ta-z_]*[ \t]ptrdiff_t/"
               "typedef __PTRDIFF_TYPE__ ptrdiff_t/";

      sed  = "/typedef[ \t][ \t]*[a-z_][ \ta-z_]*[ \t]wchar_t/i\\\n"
                   "#ifndef __WCHAR_TYPE__\\\n"
                   "#define __WCHAR_TYPE__ int\\\n"
                   "#endif\\\n"
                   "#ifndef __cplusplus\n";

      sed  = "/typedef[ \t][ \t]*[a-z_][ \ta-z_]*[ \t]wchar_t/a\\\n"
                   "#endif\n";

      sed  = "s/typedef[ \t][ \t]*[a-z_][ \ta-z_]*[ \t]wchar_t/"
               "typedef __WCHAR_TYPE__ wchar_t/";
};

/*
 * Fix one other error in this file:
 *  a mismatched quote not inside a C comment.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = badquote;
    files    = sundev/vuid_event.h;
    /*
     *  The following uglitude is to allow an apostrophe inside
     *  of a single quote quoted string in a shell command line.
     */
    sed      = "s/doesn'\\''t/does not/";
};

/*
 * Fix these Sun OS files to avoid an invalid identifier in an #ifdef.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = ecd_cursor;
    files  = "sunwindow/win_lock.h";
    files  = "sunwindow/win_cursor.h";
    sed    = "s/ecd.cursor/ecd_cursor/";
};

/*
 *  Fix this Sun file to avoid interfering with stddef.h.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = sun_stdtypes;
    files = sys/stdtypes.h;
    sed   = "/[\t ]size_t.*;/i\\\n"
              "#ifndef _GCC_SIZE_T\\\n"
              "#define _GCC_SIZE_T\n";

    sed   = "/[\t ]size_t.*;/a\\\n"
              "#endif\n";

    sed   = "/[\t ]ptrdiff_t.*;/i\\\n"
              "#ifndef _GCC_PTRDIFF_T\\\n"
              "#define _GCC_PTRDIFF_T\n";

    sed   = "/[\t ]ptrdiff_t.*;/a\\\n"
              "#endif\n";

    sed   = "/[\t ]wchar_t.*;/i\\\n"
              "#ifndef _GCC_WCHAR_T\\\n"
              "#define _GCC_WCHAR_T\n";

    sed   = "/[\t ]wchar_t.*;/a\\\n"
              "#endif\n";
};

/*
 *  Fix this ARM/RISCiX file to avoid interfering
 *  with the use of __wchar_t in cc1plus.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = arm_wchar;
    files  = stdlib.h;
    select = "#[ \t]*define[ \t]*__wchar_t";
    sed    = "s/\\(#[ \t]*ifndef[ \t]*\\)__wchar_t/\\1_GCC_WCHAR_T/";
    sed    = "s/\\(#[ \t]*define[ \t]*\\)__wchar_t/\\1_GCC_WCHAR_T/";
};

/*
 *  Fix this ARM/RISCiX file where ___type is a Compiler
 *  hint that is specific to the Norcroft compiler.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = arm_norcroft_hint;
    files    = "X11/Intrinsic.h";
    sed      = "s/___type p_type/p_type/";
};

/*
 *  Fix this file to avoid interfering with stddef.h,
 *  but don't mistakenly match ssize_t present in AIX for the ps/2,
 *  or typedefs which use (but do not set) size_t.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = aix_systypes;
    files    = sys/types.h;
    select   = "typedef[ \t][ \t]*[A-Za-z_][ \tA-Za-z_]*[ \t]size_t";

    sed    = "/typedef[ \t][ \t]*[A-Za-z_][ \tA-Za-z_]*[ \t]size_t/i\\\n"
                 "#ifndef _GCC_SIZE_T\\\n"
                 "#define _GCC_SIZE_T\n";

    sed    = "/typedef[ \t][ \t]*[A-Za-z_][ \tA-Za-z_]*[ \t]size_t/a\\\n"
                 "#endif\n";
};

/*
 *  Fix HP's use of ../machine/inline.h to refer to
 *    /usr/include/machine/inline.h
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = hp_inline;
    files  = sys/spinlock.h;
    select = "\\\"../machine/";
    sed    = "s,\"../machine/inline.h\", ,";
    sed    = "s,\"../machine/psl.h\", ,";
};

/*
 *  if the #if says _cplusplus, not the double underscore __cplusplus
 *  that it should be
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = tinfo_cplusplus;
    files    = tinfo.h;
    sed      = "s/[ \t]_cplusplus/ __cplusplus/";
};

/*
 *  a missing semi-colon at the end of the statsswtch structure definition.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = statsswtch_syntax;
    files    = rpcsvc/rstat.h;
    select   = "boottime$";
    sed      = 's/boottime$/boottime;/';
};

/*
 *  a missing semi-colon at the end of the nodeent structure definition.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = nodeent_syntax;
    files    = netdnet/dnetdb.h;
    sed      = 's/char.*na_addr *$/char *na_addr;/';
};

/*
 *  Check for bad #ifdef line (in Ultrix 4.1)
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = ultrix_ifdef;
    select   = "#ifdef KERNEL";
    files    = sys/file.h;
    sed      = 's/#ifdef KERNEL/#if defined(KERNEL)/';
};

/*
 *  Check for (...) in C++ code in HP/UX sys/file.h.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = hp_sysfile;
    files    = sys/file.h;
    select   = "HPUX_SOURCE";
    sed      = 's/(\\.\\.\\.)/(struct file * ...)/';
};

/*
 *  Check for superfluous `static' (in Ultrix 4.2)
 *  On Ultrix 4.3, includes of other files (r3_cpu.h,r4_cpu.h) is broken.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = ultrix_static;
    files = machine/cpu.h;
    sed   = 's/^static struct tlb_pid_state/struct tlb_pid_state/';
    sed   = 's/^#include "r3_cpu\\.h"$/#include /';
    sed   = 's/^#include "r4_cpu\\.h"$/#include /';
};

/*
 *  Incorrect sprintf declaration in X11/Xmu.h
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = x11_sprintf;
    files    = X11*/Xmu.h;
    sed      =
"s,^extern char \\*\tsprintf();$,#ifndef __STDC__\\
extern char *\tsprintf();\\\n"
        "#endif /* !defined __STDC__ */,";
};

/*
 *  Check for missing ';' in struct
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = ip_missing_semi;
    files    = netinet/ip.h;
    sed      = '/^struct/,/^};/s/}$/};/';
};

/*
 *  Fix the CAT macro in SunOS memvar.h.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = sun_catmacro;
    files  = pixrect/memvar.h;
    select = "^#define[ \t]+CAT(a,b)";
    sed    = "/^#define[ \t]CAT(a,b)/ i\\\n"
                 "#ifdef __STDC__ \\\n"
                 "#define CAT(a,b) a##b\\\n"
                 "#else\n";

    sed    = "/^#define[ \t]CAT(a,b)/ a\\\n"
                 "#endif\n";
};

/*
 *  Check for yet more missing ';' in struct (in SunOS 4.0.x)
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = sun_rusers_semi;
    files    = rpcsvc/rusers.h;
    select   = "_cnt$";
    sed      = '/^struct/,/^};/s/_cnt$/_cnt;/';
};

/*
 *  Fix return type of exit and abort in  on SunOS 4.1.
 *  Also wrap protection around size_t for m88k-sysv3 systems.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = sun_exit_type;
    files    = stdlib.h;

    sed   = "s/int\tabort/void\tabort/g";
    sed   = "s/int\tfree/void\tfree/g";
    sed   = "s/char[ \t]*\\*[ \t]*calloc/void \\*\tcalloc/g";
    sed   = "s/char[ \t]*\\*[ \t]*malloc/void \\*\tmalloc/g";
    sed   = "s/char[ \t]*\\*[ \t]*realloc/void \\*\trealloc/g";
    sed   = "s/int[ \t][ \t]*exit/void\texit/g";

    sed   = "/typedef[ \ta-zA-Z_]*[ \t]size_t[ \t]*;/i\\\n"
                "#ifndef _GCC_SIZE_T\\\n"
                "#define _GCC_SIZE_T\n";

    sed   = "/typedef[ \ta-zA-Z_]*[ \t]size_t[ \t]*;/a\\\n"
                "#endif\n";
};

/*
 *  Fix return type of free and {c,m,re}alloc in  on SunOS 4.1.
 *  Also fix return type of {m,re}alloc in  on sysV68
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = sun_malloc_return;
    files    = malloc.h;

    sed   = "s/typedef[ \t]char \\*\tmalloc_t/typedef void \\*\tmalloc_t/g";
    sed   = "s/int[ \t][ \t]*free/void\tfree/g";
    sed   = "s/char\\([ \t]*\\*[ \t]*malloc\\)/void\\1/g";
    sed   = "s/char\\([ \t]*\\*[ \t]*realloc\\)/void\\1/g";
};

/*
 *  Fix bogus #ifdef on SunOS 4.1.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = sun_bogus_ifdef_vax;
    files  = "hsfs/hsfs_spec.h";
    files  = "hsfs/iso_spec.h";
    select = "#ifdef __i386__ || __vax__";
    sed    = "s/\\#ifdef __i386__ || __vax__/\\#if __i386__ || __vax__/g";
};

/*
 *  Fix bogus #ifdef on SunOS 4.1.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = sun_bogus_ifdef_sun4c;
    files  = "hsfs/hsnode.h";
    select = "#ifdef __i386__ || __sun4c__";
    sed    = "s/\\#ifdef __i386__ || __sun4c__/\\#if __i386__ || __sun4c__/g";
};

/*
 *  Incorrect #include in Sony News-OS 3.2.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = sony_include;
    files    = machine/machparam.h;
    select   = '"../machine/endian.h"';
    sed      = 's@"../machine/endian.h"@ @';
};

/*
 *  Multiline comment after typedef on IRIX 4.0.1.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = irix_Multiline_comment;
    files    = sys/types.h;

    sed   = 's@type of the result@type of the result */@';
    sed   = 's@of the sizeof@/* of the sizeof@';
};

/*
 *  Turning // comments into normal comments trashes this IRIX 4.0.1
 *  header file, which embeds // comments inside multi-line
 *  comments.  If this looks like the IRIX header file, we refix it by
 *  just throwing away the // comments.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = irix_cplusplus_comment;
    files    = fam.h;
    select   = indigo.esd;
    sed      = 's|//.*$||g';
};

/*
 *  There is a similar problem with the VxWorks drv/netif/if_med.h file.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = VxWorks_cplusplus_comment;
    files    = drv/netif/if_med.h;
    select   = 'Wind River';
    sed      = 's|//.*$||g';
};

/*
 *  Remove the double-slash comments
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = no_double_slash;
    select = "//[^*]";
    sed = "/\\/\\/[^*]/s|//\\(.*\\)$|/*\\1*/|";
};

/*
 *  Some IRIX header files contain the string "//"
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = irix_bogus_cplusplus_comment;
    files  = "elf_abi.h";
    files  = "elf.h";
    /*
     *  This really looks like it is replacing "/ * * /" with "//"
     *  Shouldn't the replacement really be " ## "?
     */
    sed      = 's|"/\\*"\\*/|"//"|';
};

/*
 *  IRIX 4.0.5  uses struct sockaddr
 *  in prototype without previous definition.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = IRIX_sockaddr;
    files    = rpc/auth.h;
    select   = "authdes_create.*struct sockaddr";
    sed      = "/authdes_create.*struct sockaddr/i\\\n"
               "struct sockaddr;\n";
};

/*
 *  IRIX 4.0.5  uses struct __file_s
 *  in prototype without previous definition.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = IRIX_struct__file_s;
    files = rpc/xdr.h;
    sed   = "/xdrstdio_create.*struct __file_s/i\\\n"
            "struct __file_s;\n";
};

/*
 *  Same problem with a file from SunOS 4.1.3 : a header file containing
 *  the string "//" embedded in "/ * * /"
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = SunOS_slash_slash;
    files    = sbusdev/audiovar.h;
    sed      = 's|//.*$||g';
};

/*
 *  Fix non-ANSI memcpy declaration that conflicts with gcc's builtin
 *  declaration on Sun OS 4.x.  We must only fix this on Sun OS 4.x, because
 *  many other systems have similar text but correct versions of the file.
 *  To ensure only Sun's is fixed, we grep for a likely unique string.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = sun_non_ansi_memcpy;
    files    = memory.h;
    select = "/\\*\t@\\(#\\)memory\\.h 1\\.[2-4] 8./../.. SMI;"
             " from S5R2 1\\.2\t\\*/";

    sed    = "1i\n/* This file was generated by fixincludes */\n"
             "#ifndef __memory_h__\n"
             "#define __memory_h__\n\n"
             "#ifdef __STDC__\n"
             "extern void *memccpy();\n"
             "extern void *memchr();\n"
             "extern void *memcpy();\n"
             "extern void *memset();\n"
             "#else\n"
             "extern char *memccpy();\n"
             "extern char *memchr();\n"
             "extern char *memcpy();\n"
             "extern char *memset();\n"
             "#endif /* __STDC__ */\n\n"
             "extern int memcmp();\n\n"
             "#endif /* __memory_h__ */\n";

    sed    = "1,$d";
};

/*
 *  parameters not const on DECstation Ultrix V4.0 and OSF/1.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = Ultrix_const_parameters;
    files    = stdio.h;

    sed   = 's@perror( char \\*__s );@perror( const char *__s );@';
    sed   = 's@fputs( char \\*__s,@fputs( const char *__s,@';
    sed   = 's@fopen( char \\*__filename, char \\*__type );@'
              'fopen( const char *__filename, const char *__type );@';
    sed   = 's@fwrite( void \\*__ptr,@fwrite( const void *__ptr,@';
    sed   = 's@fscanf( FILE \\*__stream, char \\*__format,@'
              'fscanf( FILE *__stream, const char *__format,@';
    sed   = 's@scanf( char \\*__format,@scanf( const char *__format,@';
    sed   = 's@sscanf( char \\*__s, char \\*__format,@'
              'sscanf( const char *__s, const char *__format,@';
    sed   = 's@popen(char \\*, char \\*);@popen(const char *, const char *);@';
    sed   = 's@tempnam(char\\*,char\\*);@tempnam(const char*,const char*);@';
};

/*
 *  parameters conflict with C++ new on rs/6000
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = rs6000_param_conflicts;
    files  = "stdio.h";
    files  = "unistd.h";

    sed = 's@rename(const char \\*old, const char \\*new)@'
            'rename(const char *_old, const char *_new)@';
};

/*
 *  function class(double x) conflicts with C++ keyword on rs/6000
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = rs6000_class_double;
    files    = math.h;
    select = 'class[(]';

    sed   = "/class[(]/i\\\n#ifndef __cplusplus\n";
    sed   = "/class[(]/a\\\n#endif\n";
};

/*
 *  Wrong fchmod prototype on RS/6000.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = rs6000_fchmod_prototype;
    files    = sys/stat.h;
    select   = "fchmod(char";
    sed      = 's/fchmod(char \\*/fchmod(int/';
};

/*
 *  There are several name conflicts with C++ reserved words in X11 header
 *  files.  These are fixed in some versions, so don't do the fixes if
 *  we find __cplusplus in the file.  These were found on the RS/6000.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = x11_class_conflict;
    files    = X11/ShellP.h;
    bypass   = __cplusplus;
    sed      = "/char [*]class;/i\\\n"
                   "#ifdef __cplusplus\\\n"
                   "\tchar *c_class;\\\n"
                   "#else\n";
    sed      = "/char [*]class;/a\\\n"
                   "#endif\n";
};

/*
 *  new in Xm/Traversal.h
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = x11_new_conflict;
    files    = Xm/Traversal.h;
    bypass   = __cplusplus;

    sed      = "/Widget\told, new;/i\\\n"
                   "#ifdef __cplusplus\\\n"
                   "\tWidget\told, c_new;\\\n"
                   "#else\n";

    sed      = "/Widget\told, new;/a\\\n"
                   "#endif\n";

    sed      = "s/Widget new,/Widget c_new,/g";
};

/*
 *  class in Xm/BaseClassI.h
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = x11_class_conflict_usage;
    files    = Xm/BaseClassI.h;
    bypass   = "__cplusplus";
    sed = 's/ class[)]/ c_class)/g';
};

/*
 *  NeXT 3.2 adds const prefix to some math functions.
 *  These conflict with the built-in functions.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = NeXT_math_prefix;
    files    = ansi/math.h;
    select   = "extern.*double.*__const__.*";

    sed = '/^extern.*double.*__const__.*cos(/s/__const__//';
    sed = '/^extern.*double.*__const__.*sin(/s/__const__//';
};

/*
 *  NeXT 3.2 uses the word "template" as a parameter for some
 *  functions. GCC reports an invalid use of a reserved key word
 *  with the built-in functions. NeXT 3.2 includes the keyword
 *  volatile in the prototype for abort(). This conflicts with
 *  the built-in definition.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = NeXT_template;
    files    = bsd/libc.h;
    select   = template;

    sed = '/\\(.*template\\)/s/template//';
    sed = '/extern.*volatile.*void.*abort/s/volatile//';
};

/*
 *  NeXT 3.2 includes the keyword volatile in the abort() and  exit()
 *  function prototypes. That conflicts with the  built-in functions.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = NeXT_volitile;
    files    = ansi/stdlib.h;
    select   = volatile;

    sed    = '/extern.*volatile.*void.*exit/s/volatile//';
    sed    = '/extern.*volatile.*void.*abort/s/volatile//';
};

/*
 *  sys/wait.h on AIX 3.2.5 puts the declaration of wait3 before the definition
 *  of struct rusage, so the prototype (added by fixproto) causes havoc.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = AIX_syswait;
    files    = sys/wait.h;
    select = 'bos325,';
    sed    = '/^extern pid_t wait3();$/i\\\n'
             'struct rusage;\n';
};

/*
 *  NeXT 2.0 defines 'int wait(union wait*)', which conflicts with Posix.1.
 *  Note that version 3 of the NeXT system has wait.h in a different directory,
 *  so that this code won't do anything.  But wait.h in version 3 has a
 *  conditional, so it doesn't need this fix.  So everything is okay.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = NeXT_wait_union;
    files    = sys/wait.h;

    select = 'wait[(]union wait';

    sed = 's@wait(union wait@wait(void@';
};

/*
 *  Don't use or define the name va_list in stdio.h.
 *  This is for ANSI and also to interoperate properly with gcc's varargs.h.
 *  Arrange for stdio.h to use stdarg.h to define __gnuc_va_list
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = stdio_va_list;
    files    = stdio.h;

    shell =
 "if ( egrep \"__need___va_list\" $1/$3 ) > /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
    :
[...]

 *  Cancel out ansi_compat.h on Ultrix.  Replace it with empty file.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = Ultrix_ansi_compat;
    files    = ansi_compat.h;
    select   = ULTRIX;
    sed      = "1i\n/* This file intentionally left blank. */\n";
    sed      = "1,$d";
};

/*
 *  parameter to atof not const on DECstation Ultrix V4.0 and NEWS-OS 4.2R.
 *  also get rid of bogus inline definitions in HP-UX 8.0
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = Ultrix_atof_param;
    files    = math.h;

    sed = 's@atof(\\([ \t]*char[ \t]*\\*[^)]*\\))@atof(const \\1)@';
    sed = 's@inline int abs(int [a-z][a-z]*) {.*}@extern \"C\" int abs(int);@';
    sed = 's@inline double abs(double [a-z][a-z]*) {.*}@@';
    sed = 's@inline int sqr(int [a-z][a-z]*) {.*}@@';
    sed = 's@inline double sqr(double [a-z][a-z]*) {.*}@@';
};

/*
 *  fix bogus recursive stdlib.h in NEWS-OS 4.0C
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = news_os_recursive_stdlib;
    files    = stdlib.h;
    select   = "#include ";
    sed      = "/^#include /i\\\n"
                    "#ifdef BOGUS_RECURSION\n";
    sed      = "/^#include /a\\\n"
                    "#endif\n";
};

/*
 *  Avoid nested comments on Ultrix 4.3.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = Ultrix_nested_comments;
    files    = rpc/svc.h;
    sed      = "s@^\\( \\*\tint protocol;  \\)/\\*@\\1*/ /*@";
};

/*
 *  nested comment
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = nested_comment;
    files    = rpc/rpc.h;
    sed      = 's@^\\(/\\*.*rpc/auth_des.h>.*\\)/\\*@\\1*/ /*@';
};

/*
 *  In limits.h, put #ifndefs around things that are supposed to be defined
 *  in float.h to avoid redefinition errors if float.h is included first.
 *  On HP/UX this patch does not work, because on HP/UX limits.h uses
 *  multi line comments and the inserted #endif winds up inside the
 *  comment.  Fortunately, HP/UX already uses #ifndefs in limits.h; if
 *  we find a #ifndef FLT_MIN we assume that all the required #ifndefs
 *  are there, and we do not add them ourselves.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = limits_ifndefs;
    files  = "limits.h";
    bypass = "ifndef[ \\t]+FLT_MIN";

    sed  = "/[ \t]FLT_MIN[ \t]/i\\\n#ifndef FLT_MIN\n";
    sed  = "/[ \t]FLT_MIN[ \t]/a\\\n#endif\n";
    sed  = "/[ \t]FLT_MAX[ \t]/i\\\n#ifndef FLT_MAX\n";
    sed  = "/[ \t]FLT_MAX[ \t]/a\\\n#endif\n";
    sed  = "/[ \t]FLT_DIG[ \t]/i\\\n#ifndef FLT_DIG\n";
    sed  = "/[ \t]FLT_DIG[ \t]/a\\\n#endif\n";
    sed  = "/[ \t]DBL_MIN[ \t]/i\\\n#ifndef DBL_MIN\n";
    sed  = "/[ \t]DBL_MIN[ \t]/a\\\n#endif\n";
    sed  = "/[ \t]DBL_MAX[ \t]/i\\\n#ifndef DBL_MAX\n";
    sed  = "/[ \t]DBL_MAX[ \t]/a\\\n#endif\n";
    sed  = "/[ \t]DBL_DIG[ \t]/i\\\n#ifndef DBL_DIG\n";
    sed  = "/[ \t]DBL_DIG[ \t]/a\\\n#endif\n";
};

/*
 * In math.h, put #ifndefs around things that might be defined
 * in a gcc specific math-*.h file.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = math_ifndefs_for_gcc;
    files    = math.h;
    shell    = " dbl_max_def="
        "\"`egrep 'define[ \t]+DBL_MAX[ \t]+.*' $1/float.h 2>/dev/null`\"\n\n"

        "\tif ( test -n \"${dbl_max_def}\" \\\n"
        "\t\t-a -n \"`egrep '#define[ \t]*HUGE_VAL[ \t]+DBL_MAX' $1/$3`\" \\\n"
        "\t\t-a -z \"`egrep '#define[ \t]+DBL_MAX[ \t]+' $1/$3`\"\n"
              "\t   ) > /dev/null 2>&1\n"

        "\tthen sed -e '/define[ \t]HUGE_VAL[ \t]/i\\\n"
            "#ifndef HUGE_VAL\n' \\\n"
        "\t-e '/define[ \t]HUGE_VAL[ \t]/a\\\n#endif\n'\\\n"
        "\t-e \"/define[ \t]HUGE_VAL[ \t]DBL_MAX/s/DBL_MAX/$dbl_max_def/\"\n"

        "\telse sed -e '/define[ \t]HUGE_VAL[ \t]/i\\\n"
            "#ifndef HUGE_VAL\n' \\\n"
        "\t-e '/define[ \t]HUGE_VAL[ \t]/a\\\n#endif\n'\n"
        "\tfi";
};

/*
 *  Remove erroneous parentheses in sym.h on Alpha OSF/1.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = Alpha_bad_parens;
    files    = sym.h;
    select   = "#ifndef\\(__mips64\\)";
    sed      = 's/#ifndef(__mips64)/#ifndef __mips64/';
};

/*
 *  Fix return value of mem{ccpy,chr,cpy,set} and str{len,spn,cspn}
 *  in string.h on sysV68
 *  Correct the return type for strlen in string.h on Lynx.
 *  Correct the argument type for ffs in string.h on Alpha OSF/1 V2.0.
 *  Add missing const for strdup on OSF/1 V3.0.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = sysV68_string_and_mem;
    files    = string.h;

    sed = "s/extern[ \t]*int[ \t]*strlen();/extern unsigned int strlen();/";
    sed = "s/extern[ \t]*int[ \t]*ffs[ \t]*(long);/extern int ffs(int);/";
    sed = "s/strdup(char \\*s1);/strdup(const char *s1);/";
    sed = "/^extern char$/N";
    sed = "s/^extern char\\(\\n\t\\*memccpy(),\\)$/extern void\\1/";
    sed = "/^\tstrncmp(),$/N";
    sed = "s/^\\(\tstrncmp()\\),\\n\\(\tstrlen(),\\)$/\\1;\\\n"
          "extern unsigned int\\\n\\2/";
};

/*
 *  Correct the return type for strlen in strings.h in SunOS 4.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = SunOS_strlen_return;
    files    = strings.h;
    sed = 's/int[ \\t]*strlen();/__SIZE_TYPE__ strlen();/';
};

/*
 *  Delete the '#define void int' line from curses.h on Lynx
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = Lynx_bad_void_int;
    files    = curses.h;
    select   = "#[ \t]*define[ \t]+void[ \t]+int";
    sed      = "/#[ \t]*define[ \t][ \t]*void[ \t]int/d";
};

/*
 *  Fix `typedef struct term;' on hppa1.1-hp-hpux9.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = bad_struct_term;
    files  = curses.h;
    select = "^[ \t]*typedef[ \t]+struct[ \t]+term[ \t]*;";
    sed    = "s/^[ \t]*typedef[ \t][ \t]*"
             "\\(struct[ \t][ \t]*term[ \t]*;[ \t]*\\)$/\\1/";
};

/*
 *  For C++, avoid any typedef or macro definition of bool,
 *  and use the built in type instead.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = avoid_bool_type;
    files    = curses.h;

    sed = "/^#[ \t]*define[ \t][ \t]*bool[ \t][ \t]*char[ \t]*$/i\\\n"
                "#ifndef __cplusplus\n";

    sed = "/^#[ \t]*define[ \t][ \t]*bool[ \t][ \t]*char[ \t]*$/a\\\n"
                "#endif\n";

    sed = "/^typedef[ \t][ \t]*char[ \t][ \t]*bool[ \t]*;/i\\\n"
                "#ifndef __cplusplus\n";

    sed = "/^typedef[ \t][ \t]*char[ \t][ \t]*bool[ \t]*;/a\\\n"
                "#endif\n";
};

/*
 *  Fix incorrect S_IF* definitions on m88k-sysv3.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = m88k_bad_s_if;
    files    = sys/stat.h;
    select   = "#define[ \t]+S_IS[A-Z]*(m)[ \t]";

    sed = "s/^\\(#define[ \t]*S_IS[A-Z]*(m)\\)[ \t]*"
            "(m[ \t]*&[ \t]*\\(S_IF[A-Z][A-Z][A-Z][A-Z]*\\)[ \t]*)/"
            "\\1 (((m)\\&S_IFMT)==\\2)/";

    sed = "s/^\\(#define[ \t]*S_IS[A-Z]*(m)\\)[ \t]*"
            "(m[ \t]*&[ \t]*\\(0[0-9]*\\)[ \t]*)/"
            "\\1 (((m)\\&S_IFMT)==\\2)/";
};

/*
 * Fix getopt declarations in stdio.h and stdlib.h on Alpha OSF/1 and AIX.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = Alpha_getopt_decls;
    files  = "stdio.h";
    files  = "stdlib.h";
    select = "getopt(int, char \\*\\[";
    sed    = "s/getopt(int, char \\*\\[\\],[ ]*char \\*)/"
               "getopt(int, char *const[], const char *)/";
};

/*
 * Determine if we're on Interactive Unix 2.2 or later, in which case we
 * need to fix some additional files.  This is the same test for ISC that
 * Autoconf uses.  On Interactive 2.2, certain traditional Unix
 * definitions (notably getc and putc in stdio.h) are omitted if __STDC__
 * is defined, not just if _POSIX_SOURCE is defined.  This makes it
 * impossible to compile any nontrivial program except with -posix.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = Interactive_add1;

    test   = "-d /etc/conf/kconfig.d";
    test   = '-n "`grep _POSIX_VERSION /usr/include/sys/unistd.h`"';

    files  = "stdio.h";
    files  = "math.h";
    files  = "ctype.h";
    files  = "sys/limits.h";
    files  = "sys/fcntl.h";
    files  = "sys/dirent.h";

    sed    = "s/!defined(__STDC__) && !defined(_POSIX_SOURCE)/"
               "!defined(_POSIX_SOURCE)/";
};

inclhack = {
    hackname = Interactive_add2;

    test   = "-d /etc/conf/kconfig.d";
    test   = '-n "`grep _POSIX_VERSION /usr/include/sys/unistd.h`"';

    file   = math.h;
    sed    = 's/fmod(double)/fmod(double, double)/';
};

inclhack = {
    hackname = Interactive_add3;

    test   = "-d /etc/conf/kconfig.d";
    test   = '-n "`grep _POSIX_VERSION /usr/include/sys/unistd.h`"';

    file   = sys/limits.h;

    sed    = "/CHILD_MAX/s,/\\* Max, Max,";
    sed    = "/OPEN_MAX/s,/\\* Max, Max,";
};

/*
 * Fixing ISC fmod declaration
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = ISC_fmod;
    files    = math.h;
    select   = "fmod\\(double\\)";
    sed      = 's/fmod(double)/fmod(double, double)/';
};

/*
 * Fixing nested comments in ISC
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = ISC_sys_limits;
    files  = sys/limits.h;
    select = CHILD_MAX;
    sed    = '/CHILD_MAX/s,/\\* Max, Max,';
    sed    = '/OPEN_MAX/s,/\\* Max, Max,';
};

/*
 * These files in Sun OS 4.x and ARM/RISCiX and BSD4.3
 * use / * * / to concatenate tokens.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = kandr_concatenation;
    files  = "sparc/asm_linkage.h";
    files  = "sun3/asm_linkage.h";
    files  = "sun3x/asm_linkage.h";
    files  = "sun4/asm_linkage.h";
    files  = "sun4c/asm_linkage.h";
    files  = "sun4m/asm_linkage.h";
    files  = "sun4c/debug/asm_linkage.h";
    files  = "sun4m/debug/asm_linkage.h";
    files  = "arm/as_support.h";
    files  = "arm/mc_type.h";
    files  = "arm/xcb.h";
    files  = "dev/chardefmac.h";
    files  = "dev/ps_irq.h";
    files  = "dev/screen.h";
    files  = "dev/scsi.h";
    files  = "sys/tty.h";
    files  = "Xm.acorn/XmP.h";
    files  = bsd43/bsd43_.h;
    select = '/\\*\\*/';
    sed    = 's|/\\*\\*/| ## |g';
};

/*
 *  math.h on SunOS 4 puts the declaration of matherr before the definition
 *  of struct exception, so the prototype (added by fixproto) causes havoc.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = SunOS_matherr_decl;
    files    = math.h;
    /*
     *  Find the first occurrance of 'struct exception'.
     *  If it is the definition, then the file is okay.
     *  If it is a usage, then the order is wrong and we
     *  must insert a forward reference.
     */
    test = "\"`fgrep 'struct exception' $1/$3 | line`\""
                  " != 'struct exception {'";

    sed = '/matherr/i\\\nstruct exception;\n';
};

/*
 *  assert.h on HP/UX is not C++ ready,
 *  even though NO_IMPLICIT_EXTERN_C is defined on HP/UX.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = hpux_assert_for_cxx;
    files    = assert.h;
    bypass = '"C"|__BEGIN_DECLS';

    sed = "1i\n#ifdef __cplusplus\nextern \"C\" {\n#endif\n";
    sed = "$a\n#ifdef __cplusplus\n}\n#endif\n";
};

/*
 *  check for broken assert.h that needs stdio.h
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = broken_assert_stdio;
    files    = assert.h;
    select   = 'stderr';
    bypass   = 'include.*stdio.h';
    sed      = "1i\n#ifdef __cplusplus\n#include \n#endif\n";
};

/*
 *  check for broken assert.h that needs stdlib.h
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = broken_assert_stdlib;
    files    = assert.h;
    select   = "exit *\\(|abort *\\(";
    bypass   = 'include.*stdlib.h';
    sed      = "1i\n#ifdef __cplusplus\n#include \n#endif\n";
};

/*
 *  Fix return value of sbrk in unistd.h on Alpha OSF/1 V2.0
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = Alpha_sbrk;
    files    = unistd.h;
    select   = "char[ \t]*\\*[\t ]*sbrk[ \t]*\\(";
    sed  = "s/char\\([ \t]*\\*[\t ]*sbrk[ \t]*(\\)/void\\1/";
};

/*
 *  This file on SunOS 4 has a very large macro.  When the sed loop
 *  tries pull it in, it overflows the pattern space size of the SunOS
 *  sed (GNU sed does not have this problem).  Since the file does not
 *  require fixing, we remove it from the fixed directory.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = SunOS_large_macro;
    files    = sundev/ipi_error.h;
    shell    =
        "echo \"Removing incorrect fix to SunOS \" >&2
         rm -f $2/${3} $2/${3}.";
};

/*
 * Put cpp wrappers around these include files to avoid redeclaration
 * errors during multiple inclusion on m88k-tektronix-sysv3.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = m88k_multi_include;
    files    = "time.h";
    bypass   = "#ifndef";
    shell    =
      "echo Fixing $3, to protect against multiple inclusion. >&2
      cpp_wrapper=`echo $3 | sed -e 's,\\.,_,g' -e 's,/,_,g'`
      sed -e \"1i\n"
        "#ifndef __GCC_GOT_${cpp_wrapper}_\n"
        "#define __GCC_GOT_${cpp_wrapper}_\n\" \\\n"
		"\t-e \"$a\n"
        "#endif /* ! __GCC_GOT_${cpp_wrapper}_ */\n\"";
};

/*
 *  Fix fcntl prototype in fcntl.h on LynxOS.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = LynxOS_fcntl_proto;
    files    = fcntl.h;

  sed = 's/\\(fcntl.*(int, int, \\)int)/\\1...)/';
};

/*
 *  Fix definitions of macros used by va-i960.h in VxWorks header file.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = va_i960_macro_defs;
    files    = arch/i960/archI960.h;
    select   = "__(vsiz|vali|vpad|alignof__)";
    sed = 's/__vsiz/__vxvsiz/';
    sed = 's/__vali/__vxvali/';
    sed = 's/__vpad/__vxvpad/';
    sed = 's/__alignof__/__vxalignof__/';
};

/*
 *  Make VxWorks header which is almost gcc ready fully gcc ready.
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = VxWorks_gcc_problem;
    files    = types/vxTypesBase.h;
    select   = "__GNUC_TYPEOF_FEATURE_BROKEN_USE_DEFAULT_UNTIL_FIXED__";

    sed = "s/#ifdef __GNUC_TYPEOF_FEATURE_BROKEN_USE_DEFAULT_UNTIL_FIXED__/"
          "#if 1/";

    sed = "/[ \t]size_t/i\\\n"
        "#ifndef _GCC_SIZE_T\\\n"
        "#define _GCC_SIZE_T\n";

    sed = "/[ \t]size_t/a\\\n"
        "#endif\n";

    sed = "/[ \t]ptrdiff_t/i\\\n"
        "#ifndef _GCC_PTRDIFF_T\\\n"
        "#define _GCC_PTRDIFF_T\n";

    sed = "/[ \t]ptrdiff_t/a\\\n"
        "#endif\n";

    sed = "/[ \t]wchar_t/i\\\n"
        "#ifndef _GCC_WCHAR_T\\\n"
        "#define _GCC_WCHAR_T\n";

    sed = "/[ \t]wchar_t/a\\\n"
        "#endif\n";
};

/*
 *  Fix VxWorks  to not require including .
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = VxWorks_needs_vxWorks;
    files    = sys/stat.h;
    test     = "-r types/vxTypesOld.h";
    test     = "-n \"`fgrep '#include' $1/$3`\"";
    test     = "-n \"`fgrep ULONG $1/$3`\"";
    test     = "-n \"`egrep '#define[ \t][ \t]*__INCstath' $1/$3`\"";

    sed = "/#define[ \t][ \t]*__INCstath/a\\\n"
          "#include \n";
};

/*
 *  Fix VxWorks  to not require including .
 */
inclhack = {
    hackname = VxWorks_time_needs_vxTypes;
    files    = time.h;
    select   = "uint_t[ \t][ \t]*_clocks_per_sec";
    sed      = 's/uint_t/unsigned int/';
};

--------------15CB44B55F50--