* Mark, you're a hero! (member templates patch)
@ 1997-09-05 21:54 Joe Buck
From: Joe Buck @ 1997-09-05 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mmitchell; +Cc: egcs team

I've installed and tested Mark Mitchell's member templates patch on
sparc-sun-solaris.

The member template patch doesn't affect any of the g++ tests, and
all of my quick knockoff tests of the STL functionality that depends
on member templates work fine (though they are far from thorough).

member templates vastly increase the power of STL: now any container
can be constructed from any pair of iterators.  If I have a list of
integers and I want to convert it to a vector of doubles, it is trivial:

	list<int> li;
	vector<double> vd(li.begin(), li.end());

It certainly looks solid enough to go into the snapshots.  Well done.

only message in thread, other threads:[~1997-09-05 21:54 UTC | newest]