* #pragma pack
@ 1997-10-13 18:42 Mike Stump
From: Mike Stump @ 1997-10-13 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

I will be adding some form of #pragma pack to our C/C++ compiler on
most platforms to support the inclusion of third party headerfiles
that assume that the structures are packed.  The open question, is how
best to achieve that.  I tried HANDLE_SYSV_PRAGMA but that logic fails
to work, in fact, I don't see how most ports could make use of the
code in c-pragma.c.  Is there a port that someone can say does
currently work with that scheme?  My preference is to reuse the most
popular existing scheme.  Should I just blaze away and fix up c-pragma
to work as expected?  What is expected?

Also, does egcs want these types changes when I am done with them, or
do you prefer that the not go into the egcs distribution?

Please, I know and understand all the arguments against using #p
anything...  don't need to repeat those now.

* Re: #pragma pack
@ 1997-10-14  7:42 ` Joern Rennecke
From: Joern Rennecke @ 1997-10-14  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Stump; +Cc: egcs

> I will be adding some form of #pragma pack to our C/C++ compiler on
> most platforms to support the inclusion of third party headerfiles
> that assume that the structures are packed.  The open question, is how
> best to achieve that.  I tried HANDLE_SYSV_PRAGMA but that logic fails
> to work, in fact, I don't see how most ports could make use of the
> code in c-pragma.c.  Is there a port that someone can say does
> currently work with that scheme?  My preference is to reuse the most
> popular existing scheme.  Should I just blaze away and fix up c-pragma
> to work as expected?  What is expected?

HANDLE_PRAGMA is due for overhaul, so that it can work together with
USE_CPPLIB.  Its set of arguments will have to be changed.  This
requires changes in the backend as well as in all ports that use
HANDLE_PRAGMA.  I suggest you do that first; when you have done that,
it should be easier to use the code in c-pragma.c, since HANDLE_PRAGMA
should be passed a (not necessarily proper) superset of parameters,
when compared to HANDLE_SYSV_PRAGMA.

* Re: #pragma pack
@ 1997-10-14 16:33 Mike Stump
From: Mike Stump @ 1997-10-14 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

> Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 17:56:42 -0700
> From: mrs@wrs.com (Mike Stump)
> To: egcs@cygnus.com

> I tried HANDLE_SYSV_PRAGMA but that logic fails to work

Ah, never mind, pilot error, it works as expected, sorry about that...
I'll just do up a patch to use the existing scheme.