* gcc/configure.in ld and gas symbolic links?
@ 1997-10-23  9:19 Mumit Khan
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Mumit Khan @ 1997-10-23  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Why was the following change needed?

Sun Sep  7 09:59:08 1997  Jan-Jaap van der Heijden (J.J.vanderHeijden@student.utwente.nl)

	* configure.in: Make symlink to as-new rather than as.new.  Similarly
	for ld-new.

Do the post-2.8.1 snapshots of binutils (or Cygnus CDK) use ld-new and
as-new?  My copy of CDK still uses ld.new and as.new, and hence I had to
revert the change.

Regards,
Mumit -- khan@xraylith.wisc.edu
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/

* Re: gcc/configure.in ld and gas symbolic links?
@ 1997-10-23  9:37 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1997-10-23  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mumit Khan; +Cc: egcs

  In message < 199710231616.LAA24354@eh_pc11.xraylith.wisc.edu >you write:
  > Why was the following change needed?
Because as, ld, nm, maybe others get built as <foo>-new instead of
<foo>.new now.

I believe those changes went into binutils in early August, so
they should be in the latest snapshot.
jeff

* Re: gcc/configure.in ld and gas symbolic links?
@ 1997-10-23  9:52 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 1997-10-23  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: khan; +Cc: egcs

   Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 11:16:20 -0500
   From: Mumit Khan <khan@xraylith.wisc.edu>

   Why was the following change needed?

   Sun Sep  7 09:59:08 1997  Jan-Jaap van der Heijden (J.J.vanderHeijden@student.utwente.nl)

	   * configure.in: Make symlink to as-new rather than as.new.  Similarly
	   for ld-new.

   Do the post-2.8.1 snapshots of binutils (or Cygnus CDK) use ld-new and
   as-new?  My copy of CDK still uses ld.new and as.new, and hence I had to
   revert the change.

Current binutils snapshots use as-new and ld-new, as will the binutils
2.9 release.

Ian

* Re: gcc/configure.in ld and gas symbolic links?
@ 1997-10-23  9:52 ` Richard Henderson
From: Richard Henderson @ 1997-10-23  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mumit Khan; +Cc: egcs

On Thu, Oct 23, 1997 at 11:16:20AM -0500, Mumit Khan wrote:
> Do the post-2.8.1 snapshots of binutils (or Cygnus CDK) use ld-new and
> as-new?

Yes they do, in order to be friendly to poor 8.3 dos.

r~