From: "Pinwu Xu" <pinwu_xu@hotmail.com>
To: egcs@cygnus.com
Subject: 1.0 release stopped compiling in libg++
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 10:12:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hi there,
   Sorry I could not give more details now as I am away from the
box.
   I tried to compile on Slackware system, gcc2.7.2.3, libc5.4.39,
libpthread 0.6, binutils 2.8.0.15 (the publically newest one),
ld.so1.9.5. Grabbed libg++2.8.0.b6.3 from HJu's private ftp dir.
Default (from configure) target is i486-pc-linux-glibc1 (gcc2.7.2.3
is from Slackware ftp site). Applied the patch contained in the
README.libg++, put libg++ in egcs directory.
   However compiling stopped when reaching libg++, the error said
as "target-libgxx-...not found".
   BTW, what's the disk requirement? I got about 160M after install-
ing the source, will this be enough to run "make bootstrap" or I
have to use "make bootstrap_lean"? I used the latter, as I failed
the first time, I found and applied the README.libg++ patch, reissued
the "make lean" command and it started from scratch. That's too bad.
Can this be changed to resume from the previous failed point?
   Thanks in advance for your help.

Pinwu