Hi all, This question is a little off topic, but I do want to be able to use egcs and gcc at the same time. As mentioned in the FAQ, one can use them both by symbolic links, for example ln -sf /usr/local/egcs/bin/gcc /usr/loca/bin/gcc ln -sf /usr/local/gcc2/bin/gcc /usr/local/bin/gcc2 with configure option --prefix=/usr/local/egcs for egcs. However, I used --prefix=/usr/lpp/egcs instead, but the link from ln -sf /usr/lpp/egcs/bin/gcc /usr/lpp/bin/gcc doesn't work (gcc -v generates error), so I simply add /usr/lpp/egcs/bin into my PATH. So now the egcs gcc stuff (cpp, g++, c++, etc.) works fine now. The problem I have now is I don't know if there is any other system file I should change (or maybe I should add --execute-dir=/usr/local/bin configuring egcs?) as the configure stuff now working flawlessly. The following is for tcl8.0 (I'll attach the output) and for gtk+: /usr/lpp/src/gimp/gtk+>./configure loading cache ./config.cache checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached) /bin/install -c checking whether build environment is sane... yes checking for working aclocal... missing checking for working autoconf... found checking for working automake... missing checking for working autoheader... found checking for working makeinfo... found checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes checking host system type... configure: error: can not guess host type; you must specify one I was just wanting to test the usability of egcs, and hope I could use it. As I remember seeing post saying that tcl has been compiled using egcs. I am using all existing libraries except new libstdc++ and libg++2.8.0b6.3 as well as stuff in the new gcc-lib libraries. The good news is that the Omni-Broker configures alright and the library has been compiled but later ran into compile error. (which is much better as it ran into g++ internal error from the very first function using gcc2.7.2.3 and libg++2.7.2.8). Thanks in advance for your time. ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com con_stuff