* Environment variables....
@ 1997-12-07 21:22 Louis Marascio
From: Louis Marascio @ 1997-12-07 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Well, the test program that I ran was indeed flawed.  I have now confirmed that
setting CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH does work.  I also successfully compiled the test
program with two directories.  However, I am still in the dark as to why my
project is failing.  Just to make sure I'm going to go check for mispellings
again for the 100th time.  Thanks again for all the support.

- - - - -
Louis R. Marascio                  A.K.A Louis Armistead and Jim McCraken
Email: lmarasci@stevens-tech.edu   "We have plenty of psychological abuse
ICQ: 4270107                        in stock" -- Ripped from jsm

* Re: Environment variables....
@ 1997-12-07 21:28 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1997-12-07 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Louis Marascio; +Cc: egcs

  In message < XFMail.971208001311.lmarasci@stevens-tech.edu >you write:
  > project is failing.  Just to make sure I'm going to go check for mispelling
  > again for the 100th time.  Thanks again for all the support.
You might check for whitespace between dirs specified in your
environment variable....

jeff

* Re: Environment variables....
@ 1997-12-07 21:34   ` Louis Marascio
From: Louis Marascio @ 1997-12-07 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

>You might check for whitespace between dirs specified in your
>environment variable....

As you will see from my previous posting, that is exactly what it was.  Thanks
again.

- - - - -

@ 1997-12-07 22:18 ` Mark Mitchell
From: Mark Mitchell @ 1997-12-07 22:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Louis Marascio; +Cc: egcs

    Louis> Well, the test program that I ran was indeed flawed.  I
    Louis> have now confirmed that setting CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH does
    Louis> work.  I also successfully compiled the test program with
    Louis> two directories.  However, I am still in the dark as to why
    Louis> my project is failing.  Just to make sure I'm going to go
    Louis> check for mispellings again for the 100th time.  Thanks
    Louis> again for all the support.

Be careful that you don't do this in your Makefile:

CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH = <blah>

foo.o: foo.cc
       export CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH
       g++ -c foo.cc

This will not export CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH for g++, as make runs each
line in a separate shell.

Instead, you should say:

  export CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH; g++ -c foo.cc

or

  env CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH=${CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH} g++ -c foo.cc

or some equivalent construct.

--
Mark Mitchell		mmitchell@usa.net
Stanford University	http://www.stanford.edu