* Template flags
@ 1997-12-10  8:18 Jody Winston
From: Jody Winston @ 1997-12-10  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

What flags, if any, should I use to compile template based code?

Jody

* Re: Template flags
@ 1997-12-10  8:41 ` Joe Buck
From: Joe Buck @ 1997-12-10  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

> What flags, if any, should I use to compile template based code?

In most cases, no special flags should be used.  Note that template
definitions as well as declarations must be handed to the compiler.

* Re: Template flags
@ 1997-12-10 13:16   ` Jimen Ching
From: Jimen Ching @ 1997-12-10 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

On Wed, 10 Dec 1997, Joe Buck wrote:
> In most cases, no special flags should be used.  Note that template
> definitions as well as declarations must be handed to the compiler.

What does 'handed to the compiler' mean?

--jc
--
Jimen Ching (WH6BRR)      jching@flex.com     wh6brr@uhm.ampr.org

* Re: Template flags
@ 1997-12-10 15:45     ` Joe Buck
From: Joe Buck @ 1997-12-10 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

> On Wed, 10 Dec 1997, Joe Buck wrote:
> > In most cases, no special flags should be used.  Note that template
> > definitions as well as declarations must be handed to the compiler.
>
> What does 'handed to the compiler' mean?

It must be in the source code.  Even with -frepo, gcc will not do the
cfront trick of assuming it should look in some file foo.C at link time
because foo.h was included and declared templates.