* misplaced directory
@ 1997-12-15 12:02 Bill Walker
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Bill Walker @ 1997-12-15 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Under SCO OSR 5.0.2 and SCO OSR 5.0.4, the installation process for
egcs-1.0, with the additional libg++.2.8.0b6.4  seems to make a directory
called "gen" which contains some C++ header files.  That directory
is ending up directly under "/", rather than somewhere in the /usr/local/lib
hierarchy, where it probably should go.  I built the installation tree
in a directory which is separate from the distribution files.

Did it to me on two separate machines.    :=(

I'll have a look tonight to see where I think it should go, and post
(I hope) something more helpful.  This is just a "heads-up".

Bill

--
Bill Walker Ph.D.
Chairman, Dept. of Computer Science

e-mail:  bw@cs.ecok.edu
phone:   580 332 8000 ext. 594
FAX:     580 332 4616

--
Bill Walker Ph.D.
Chairman, Dept. of Computer Science
East Central University
Ada, Oklahoma 74820-6899

e-mail:  bw@cs.ecok.edu
phone:   580 332 8000 ext. 594
FAX:     580 332 4616

* Re: misplaced directory
@ 1997-12-15 12:21 ` H.J. Lu
From: H.J. Lu @ 1997-12-15 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

> Under SCO OSR 5.0.2 and SCO OSR 5.0.4, the installation process for
> egcs-1.0, with the additional libg++.2.8.0b6.4  seems to make a directory
> called "gen" which contains some C++ header files.  That directory
> is ending up directly under "/", rather than somewhere in the /usr/local/lib
> hierarchy, where it probably should go.  I built the installation tree
> in a directory which is separate from the distribution files.
>
> Did it to me on two separate machines.    :=(

Please get libg++.2.8.0b6.5.

H.J.

* Re: misplaced directory
@ 1997-12-15 12:26 ` Joe Buck
From: Joe Buck @ 1997-12-15 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

> Under SCO OSR 5.0.2 and SCO OSR 5.0.4, the installation process for
> egcs-1.0, with the additional libg++.2.8.0b6.4  seems to make a directory
> called "gen" which contains some C++ header files.

"gen" is part of the libg++ add-on, not of egcs itself.  It's where those
ancient pseudo-templates go (for Doug Lea's container classes, the ones
that were designed before C++ had real templates).

> I'll have a look tonight to see where I think it should go, and post
> (I hope) something more helpful.  This is just a "heads-up".

It should be $prefix/include/g++/gen .  But if this is getting messed
up, you need to make sure that the "genclass" program looks in that
directory.

* Re: misplaced directory
@ 1997-12-15 15:33 ` Jeff Johnson
From: Jeff Johnson @ 1997-12-15 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

According to Bill Walker:

> Under SCO OSR 5.0.2 and SCO OSR 5.0.4, the installation process for
> egcs-1.0, with the additional libg++.2.8.0b6.4  seems to make a directory
> called "gen" which contains some C++ header files.  That directory
> is ending up directly under "/", rather than somewhere in the /usr/local/lib
> hierarchy, where it probably should go.  I built the installation tree
> in a directory which is separate from the distribution files.
>
> Did it to me on two separate machines.    :=(
>
> I'll have a look tonight to see where I think it should go, and post
> (I hope) something more helpful.  This is just a "heads-up".

Been there. The gxx_includedir (note missing underscore) patch that
has been bundled into libg++-2.8.0b6.5 fixed this for me.

73 de Jeff

--
Jeff Johnson	ARS N3NPQ
jbj@jbj.org

* Re: misplaced directory
@ 1997-12-16 12:25   ` Bill Walker
From: Bill Walker @ 1997-12-16 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

H.J. Lu writes:

> > Under SCO OSR 5.0.2 and SCO OSR 5.0.4, the installation process for
> > egcs-1.0, with the additional libg++.2.8.0b6.4  seems to make a directory
> > called "gen" which contains some C++ header files.  That directory
> > is ending up directly under "/", rather than somewhere in the /usr/local/lib
> > hierarchy, where it probably should go.  I built the installation tree
> > in a directory which is separate from the distribution files.
> >
> > Did it to me on two separate machines.    :=(
> >

> Please get libg++.2.8.0b6.5.

	Done.  It was successful.  Thanks!

BW