* bison, SCO OSR 5.0.4
@ 1998-01-18 21:51 Jean-Pierre Radley
From: Jean-Pierre Radley @ 1998-01-18 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: EGCS Developers

I've done 'make bootstrap' on several different egcs snapshots, and did
so again yesterday after collecting yesterday's code with cvs.

Having picked up today's updates with cvs, I again ran configure and
this time just typed 'make'.  It barfed on not finding bison on my
system (SCO OpenServer 5.0.4)

So I installed bison and the compilation is proceeding, but why would
yacc suffice for 'make bootstrap', but not for just 'make'?

--
Jean-Pierre Radley   jpr@jpr.com   XC/XT Custodian   Sysop, CompuServe SCOForum

* Re: bison, SCO OSR 5.0.4
@ 1998-01-19 23:51 ` Joseph H. Buehler
From: Joseph H. Buehler @ 1998-01-19 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Jean-Pierre Radley <jpr@jpr.com> writes:

> I've done 'make bootstrap' on several different egcs snapshots, and did
> so again yesterday after collecting yesterday's code with cvs.
>
> Having picked up today's updates with cvs, I again ran configure and
> this time just typed 'make'.  It barfed on not finding bison on my
> system (SCO OpenServer 5.0.4)
>
> So I installed bison and the compilation is proceeding, but why would
> yacc suffice for 'make bootstrap', but not for just 'make'?

It looks to me as though cvs pulls everything out in alphabetical
order, and puts the current time on the files.  This will undoubtedly
cause some interesting results when you run make, because some of the
files under cvs are generated files.

Joe Buehler