* SCO OS bug.
@ 1998-01-19  2:25 Robert Lipe
From: Robert Lipe @ 1998-01-19  2:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ruslan; +Cc: egcs

> 1.  Initial : SCO Open Server 5.0 with Skunware (i.e. gcc 2.7.2.1)
> developmmet system.

OpenServer version numbers have three digits.  They are all important.
The six different Skunkwares to date (they have version numbers, too)
have each had some kind of GCC-like substances on them.

> Install fails during misconfigurations in Makefile
> i.e. on some stange of bootstrapping receive next configure message:
>
> Is system have working c compiler .... no
> 2. After  few  "make, clean" by hand it's installels.

That's quite alarming.   This should be analyzed and solved before
you continue.

> 3. During compiling omniBroker (www.ooc.org), with -mcoff receive
> message
> from native SCO assembler:
> SymbolicTable full

strings /usr/bin/as /usr/ccs/bin/elf/as /usr/ccs/bin/coff/as | grep Symbolic

on my 5.0.4 system returns nothing.

In fact, I can't find that string in ld, in gcc, or in anything else.
You're going to have to figure out what program that message is coming
from.   I don't think it's the SCO native assembler.   Regardless, COFF
has substantial limitations on things like sizes of symbolic debugging
tables that you may be running into.   We encourage the use of ELF - this
is why we made it the default.

> 4. omniBroker programms work incorrect.

Until the rest of this wierdness is worked out, I wouldn't bother
trying to actually execute anything.

-
Robert Lipe       http://www.dgii.com/people/robertl       robertl@dgii.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~1998-01-19  2:25 UTC | newest]