* Preparing for a GDB 4.17 release
@ 1998-01-27  9:17 Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 1998-01-27  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Hi, we're preparing to make a GDB 4.17 release.  We'll be branching off
for the release within a week, and we're shooting to get the release out
the door within three weeks.  Both EGCS 1.0.1 and GCC 2.8 are emitting
debug info that GDB 4.16 doens't handle too well, so we need to get a
new release out quickly.

If you have patches for GDB (e.g. for Fortran support, for some
OS, whatever) that are in use and well-tested, and you have a GDB
assignment/disclaimer on file at the FSF (ask me if you're not
sure), send it in to gdb-patches@cygnus.com.  It would be helpful
if you could update the patch to the current GDB snapshot, look in
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/private/gdb/

If you're interested in helping with the GDB 4.17 release, there is
a gdb-testers@cygnus.com mailing list, it is a majordomo list so you'd
send a note to majordomo@cygnus.com with a message body like
"subscribe gdb-testers your-email-address-here".

Now back to your regularly scheduled compiler fun,

Jason Molenda
Cygnus Solutions
jsm@cygnus.com (used to be crash@cygnus.com)

* Re: Preparing for a GDB 4.17 release
@ 1998-01-30  0:55 ` R. Ganesan
From: R. Ganesan @ 1998-01-30  0:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Jason Molenda <jsm@cygnus.com> writes:

> Hi, we're preparing to make a GDB 4.17 release.  We'll be branching off
> for the release within a week, and we're shooting to get the release out
> the door within three weeks.  Both EGCS 1.0.1 and GCC 2.8 are emitting
> debug info that GDB 4.16 doens't handle too well, so we need to get a
> new release out quickly.

Is any work being done for providing better thread support on Linux for the
new release? That would be a dream come true :-).

Ganesan

--
R. Ganesan (rganesan@novell.com)       | Ph: 91-80-5721852 Ext: 2149
Novell India Development Center.       | #include <std_disclaimer.h>