* How to debug code that uses the STL library?
@ 1998-02-17 14:37 Anand Raman
From: Anand Raman @ 1998-02-17 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Hi

Is there a egcs compiler option that says don't compile debug info
into files included from this one?

Although the SGI STL library being made available all in header files
is said to have advantages, I have more problems than savings because
of it at the moment.  I am trying to debug code that uses the STL and
the debugger keeps entering the STL code which (I am sure :-) is
pretty much bug-free :-)

Many thanks for an email response directly to my email address. I
am presently unsubscribed from the mailing list.

Thanks.

- &

* Re: How to debug code that uses the STL library?
@ 1998-02-18  4:16 Brad M. Garcia
From: Brad M. Garcia @ 1998-02-18  4:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: anand; +Cc: egcs

Anand Raman (anand@hebb.cog.jhu.edu) wrote:

> Is there a egcs compiler option that says don't compile debug info
> into files included from this one?

Compile your code with "-fno_implicit_templates -g".

In another file, do explicit template instantiations for the
templates that you require (if you don't know how to do that,
get a c++ book), and compile it _without_ the two flags shown
above.  Link all files together and you're done.

Brad Garcia
   ___/  __ /  __ /  ___/ "Being the Linux of digital media
  __/   /  /  / _/  __/    would be a very good life."
_/    ____/ _/ _| ____/      - Jean-Louis Gassee, CEO of Be, Inc.