From: Craig Burley <burley@gnu.org>
To: karipid@mae.cornell.edu
Cc: egcs@cygnus.com
Subject: Re: build of egcs-1.0.2 on mips-sgi-irix5.3
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 1998 22:11:00 -0000	[thread overview]

>make options: LANGUAGES="c c++ g77"
>
>comments:
>
>Overall, the gcc and g++ look good, I think.  I have no idea what
>happened to g77, but the results are terrible.  I did not have this
>happen with version 1.0.1.  I'm pretty sure others have built 1.0.2
>and did not have this many failures with g77.

I suggest the failures are mostly due to your not actually building
g77 in the first place!

In particular, if you can't find an executable file named "f771"
in your build tree after the build, then g77 ain't there, and
the g77 (and libf2c) tests will, naturally, fail.

Note that LANGUAGES takes a list of *languages*, not *compilers*,
so if you re-try your effort (nearly from scratch, I'm afraid) with
this line instead, you might see better results:

  LANGUAGES="c c++ f77"

(Note the "f77" instead of "g77".)

        tq vm, (burley)