* Re: Successful (?) build egsc-1.0.2 on irix-6.5 (beta
@ 1998-04-13 12:29 Martin Knoblauch
From: Martin Knoblauch @ 1998-04-13 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: law; +Cc: egcs

---Jeffrey A Law <law@hurl.cygnus.com> wrote:

> I've never seen this problem before.  The only
thing I can think of
> is you're somehow not using the dejagnu snapshot
you just built.  Or
> maybe dejagnu is picking up the wrong version of
tcl or expect.

> jeff

Jeff,

 dead on target :-) I had my egcsroot at the tail
of my PATH and picked up the sgi-native versions
of tcl, expect and runme. Looks more or less fine
now:

                === gcc Summary ===

# of expected passes            4866
# of unexpected failures        4
  complex-5.c dumps core four times
# of expected failures          5

                === g++ Summary ===

# of expected passes            3390
# of unexpected failures        2
  FAIL: g++.mike/eh39.C  Execution test
  FAIL: g++.mike/eh40.C  Execution test
# of unexpected successes       3
  XPASS: g++.jason/destruct3.C - (test for bogus
   messages, line 38)
  XPASS: g++.mike/dyncast1.C  Execution test
  XPASS: g++.mike/dyncast2.C  Execution test
# of expected failures          82
# of untested testcases         10

                === g77 Summary ===

# of expected passes            132

                === libio Summary ===

# of expected passes            40

                === libstdc++ Summary ===

# of expected passes            24
# of unexpected failures       	2
  WARNING 131 from ld caused this two failures
ld32: WARNING 131: Multiply defined weak
symbol:(basic_string<char, string_char_traits<char>,
__default_alloc_template<false, 0>
>::~basic_string(void)) in /var/tmp/cca008oj1.o and
/mnts/d9/tmp/egcs-objs/libraries//libstdc++/libstdc++.a(stdexcepti.o)
(2nd definition ignored).
# of expected failures          4

 One suggestion: "-woff 84 " should be added to
the *link: line of the specs file for the irix6
case. The SGI linker warns about unused libraries
by default. This caused a lot of "failures" in
libio and libstdc++

Thanks
Martin

* Re: Successful (?) build egsc-1.0.2 on irix-6.5 (beta
@ 1998-04-16 16:34 ` Jim Wilson
From: Jim Wilson @ 1998-04-16 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Knoblauch; +Cc: law, egcs

	 One suggestion: "-woff 84 " should be added to
	the *link: line of the specs file for the irix6
	case. The SGI linker warns about unused libraries
	by default. This caused a lot of "failures" in
	libio and libstdc++

Dejagnu has been fixed to ignore these linker warnings.  This change should
appear in the next dejagnu snapshot.

I'd like to see gcc use the -dont_warn_unused/-warn_unused options around
uses of gcc specific libraries like libgcc and libstdc++.  However, this
requires being able to add machine dependent linker options in places where
we haven't needed them before, and no one has tried to write code to support
this yet.

Jim

* Re: Successful (?) build egsc-1.0.2 on irix-6.5 (beta
@ 1998-04-16 22:46   ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1998-04-16 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Wilson; +Cc: Martin Knoblauch, egcs

  In message < 199804162200.PAA20505@rtl.cygnus.com >you write:
  > 	 One suggestion: "-woff 84 " should be added to
  > 	the *link: line of the specs file for the irix6
  > 	case. The SGI linker warns about unused libraries
  > 	by default. This caused a lot of "failures" in
  > 	libio and libstdc++
  >
  > Dejagnu has been fixed to ignore these linker warnings.  This change should
  > appear in the next dejagnu snapshot.
A related FYI -- there are rumblings again about getting a new
dejagnu release out the door.  Nothing definite, but hopefully
it will happen sooner rather than later.  It would be good if
we didn't have to depend on dejagnu snapshots for testing.

jeff

* Re: Successful (?) build egsc-1.0.2 on irix-6.5 (beta
@ 1998-04-17  9:33     ` Joe Buck
From: Joe Buck @ 1998-04-17  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: law; +Cc: wilson, knobi, egcs

> A related FYI -- there are rumblings again about getting a new
> dejagnu release out the door.  Nothing definite, but hopefully
> it will happen sooner rather than later.  It would be good if
> we didn't have to depend on dejagnu snapshots for testing.

It would be nice if that dejagnu release would rely on the current
version (or range of versions) of tcl and expect, and would be available
standalone (so those who already have tcl and expect, e.g. every Linux
user, don't have to suck down and install two copies).

* Re: Successful (?) build egsc-1.0.2 on irix-6.5 (beta
@ 1998-04-12 20:43 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1998-04-12 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Knoblauch; +Cc: egcs

  In message < 19980412064555.14173.rocketmail@web4.rocketmail.com >you write:

@ 1998-04-11 23:59 Martin Knoblauch
From: Martin Knoblauch @ 1998-04-11 23:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Hi,

 I believe :-) I successfully built 1.0.2 under
the current beta version of irix-6.5.

% ../egcs-1.0.2/config.guess
mips-sgi-irix6.5-BETA-1274425944

 Configured for host=target=build=mips-sgi-irix6.5.
"gmake bootstrap" ran fine. Unfortunatelly I get
errors on "gmake -k check". I am using the dejagnu
snapshot from cygnus.

rootme=`pwd`; export rootme; \
srcdir=`cd ../../egcs-1.0.2/gcc; pwd` ; export srcdir
; \
cd testsuite; \
EXPECT=expect ; export EXPECT ; \
if [ -f ${rootme}/../expect/expect ] ; then  \
   TCL_LIBRARY=${srcdir}/../tcl/library ; \
   export TCL_LIBRARY ; fi ; \
runtest --tool gcc
WARNING: Couldn't find the global config file.
Test Run By knobi on Sun Apr 12 08:35:52 1998
Target is mips-sgi-irix6.5
Host   is mips-sgi-irix6.5_BETA_1274425944

                === gcc tests ===

ERROR: (DejaGnu) proc "exp_debug" does not exist.
The error code is
The info on the error is:

                === gcc Summary ===

WARNING: gcc_version failed:
bad option "pathtype": should be atime, dirname,
executable, exists, extension, isdirectory, isfile,
lstat, mtime, owned, readable, readlink, root, size,
stat, tail, type, or writable
gmake[1]: [check-gcc] Error 1 (ignored)

Martin
===