* viewing <> constructs via the web archive
@ 1998-04-17 14:49 Daniel Karipides
From: Daniel Karipides @ 1998-04-17 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

My apologies if this has been covered before, but (at least for me)
I can't see any of the include file names or template parameters
when I view archived messages via the web.  This is due to the fact
that the <stdio.h> in "#include <stdio.h>" gets interpreted as an
unknown HTML tag and is not printed.

A quick fix would be something like this:

#include <<BLANK>stdio.h>

Note that BLANK can be replaced by any character.  A script could
easily be written that inserts this text (by replacing all <'s with
<<BLANK>, for example), however I can think of two potential problems.

(1) If the archived mail is viewed outside of a web browser, this
is not an acceptable solution.

(2) The simple script wouldn't work on templates of templates...

Is there any way around this problem?  At the moment I "view source"
a lot...but this gets tiresome.

Thanks in advance,

-Dan
----
karipid@mae.cornell.edu

* Re: viewing <> constructs via the web archive
@ 1998-04-18  8:18 Daniel Egger
From: Daniel Egger @ 1998-04-18  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

On Fri, 17 Apr 1998, you wrote:

>(1) If the archived mail is viewed outside of a web browser, this
>is not an acceptable solution.

 Why not?
 Use #define <BLANK>

--