* 19980418 on IRIX-6.5
@ 1998-04-21  6:52 Martin Knoblauch
From: Martin Knoblauch @ 1998-04-21  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Hi,

 19980418 built successfully on the current
IRIX-6.5 beta. Configured with "--with-stabs",
"--enable-haifa" and "--enable-threads=posix".

 Lots of warnings from the stage2 and stage3
cycles. Is someone actually working on getting
rid of them ? :-)

 The testsuites failed until I inserted "-lpthread"
into the "*lib" section of the specs file. Is
there a better place for it?

 After that I got execution failures from complex-5.c
(explicit call to abort) and compilation failures
(internal compiler error) from some c++ files. Iwill
post a bug report on those later.

Martin
===
Martin Knoblauch
email: knobi@rocketmail.com or knobi@sirius-cafe.de
www:   http://home.sirius-cafe.de/~knobi

* Re: 19980418 on IRIX-6.5
@ 1998-04-28 19:49 Martin Knoblauch
From: Martin Knoblauch @ 1998-04-28 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Wilson; +Cc: egcs

Hi Jim,

 yes, I suspected something like that. The
assembly code sequence looks as if it is doing
"the right thing", but the register used are
totally bogus.

 The funny thing is that the 4 other complex
tests seem to run OK, but that may be just by
chance.

Martin
===

---Jim Wilson <wilson@cygnus.com> wrote:

> 	 The testsuites failed until I inserted "-lpthread"
> 	into the "*lib" section of the specs file. Is
> 	there a better place for it?
>
> It would go in LIB_SPEC in the mips/config/iris6.h
file.  It perhaps
> needs to be conditional on the --enable-threads
option somehow, since
> we don't necessary want to link it in by default.
>
> 	 After that I got execution failures from
complex-5.c
> 	(explicit call to abort)
>
> This fails on all 64 bit machines.  It is a
fundamental problem with the