* gnu C compiler and Make utility
@ 1998-04-30 18:55 Lynn St. Denis
From: Lynn St. Denis @ 1998-04-30 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'egcs@cygnus.com'

To anyone that can help;

I had problems installing the C compiler.  Instructions indicate to use
gnu make.  I installed gnu make and had error w/that install also.  I
went ahead and tried recompiling C.  It appears gnu make was being used
and it only produced about 3 error instead of 5 pages of error.  Here is
the config.guess requested and the following error:

hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20

# make bootstrap
Bootstrapping the compiler
        make CC="cc -Wp,-H256000" libdir=/usr/local/lib LANGUAGES="c "
        rm -f cpp
        ln cccp cpp
        cd ../../egcs_download/egcs-1.0.2/gcc; bison  -d c-parse.y -o
c-parse.c
sh: bison:  not found.
*** Error exit code 127

Stop.
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.

Thanx for your help

Lynn St.Denis
Sr. Systems Engineer
(916)786-1377

* Re: gnu C compiler and Make utility
@ 1998-05-01  8:41 ` Peter Barada
From: Peter Barada @ 1998-05-01  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lstdenis; +Cc: egcs

>Bootstrapping the compiler
>  make CC="cc -Wp,-H256000" libdir=/usr/local/lib LANGUAGES="c "
>  rm -f cpp
>  ln cccp cpp
>  cd ../../egcs_download/egcs-1.0.2/gcc; bison  -d c-parse.y -o c-parse.c
>sh: bison:  not found.

The basic problem is that you need bison(GNU yacc-compatible parser
generator) to convert c-parse.y to c-parse.c

You can get around it by touching c-parse.c since I know that you
haven't changed the C parser...

* gnu C compiler and Make utility
@ 1998-05-01  9:46 Lynn St. Denis
From: Lynn St. Denis @ 1998-05-01  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)