* Re: How to generate test reports?
@ 1998-05-13 16:02 Michael Meissner
From: Michael Meissner @ 1998-05-13 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ghazi, law, Matthias.Klose; +Cc: egcs

One of the things I've been thinking about is capturing some of the Makefile
variables in a .c file (like CFLAGS, BOOT_CFLAGS, etc.) that would be printed
when -v was used.

* Re: How to generate test reports?
@ 1998-05-13 10:04 Kaveh R. Ghazi
From: Kaveh R. Ghazi @ 1998-05-13 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthias.Klose, law; +Cc: egcs

 > From: Jeffrey A Law <law@cygnus.com>
 >
 > Seems to me we should check both of them into the sources somewhere
 > and add a faq item which mentions them.
 >
 > Any objections?
 > jeff

        It would be nice to have a "make report" target which runs some
scripts and produces a file suitable for mailing.  Having a consistent
format is useful, IMHO.

        This report might include info like the gcc version string, the
host/target configuration, as well as BOOT_CFLAGS, native vs gnu as/ld,
and which stage1 compiler was used, finally the summary output from
"make check" should be appended.

        I guess this is somewhat/slightly similar to the "bashbug"
target in bash-2.x, although I wouldn't recommend exactly what bash
does.  Just dump to a file all the relevant info and ask the user to
mail it to egcs@cygnus.com.

	I'll work on a starting point in configure.in and Makefile.in.
Stay tuned.

                --Kaveh
--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			Project Manager / Custom Development
ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu		Icon CMT Corp.

* Re: How to generate test reports?
@ 1998-05-12 12:36 Mike Stump
From: Mike Stump @ 1998-05-12 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: doko, egcs

> From: Matthias Klose <doko@cs.tu-berlin.de>
> Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 17:11:54 +0200 (MET DST)
> To: egcs@cygnus.com

> How do I generate the test reports sent to the egcs list? I couldn't find
> any hints ...

make check, then look for the .sum files...

* How to generate test reports?
@ 1998-05-12  8:13 Matthias Klose
From: Matthias Klose @ 1998-05-12  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

How do I generate the test reports sent to the egcs list? I couldn't find
any hints ...

Thanks, Matthias