From: Martin von Loewis <martin@mira.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de>
To: schwab@issan.informatik.uni-dortmund.de
Cc: hjl@lucon.org, egcs@cygnus.com
Subject: Re: Does "make install" work?
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 18:46:00 -0000	[thread overview]

> |> This is what I got with "make install". Any ideas?

No, except that I get the same message.

> You should perhaps update the texinfo package.

Hmm. After I got the message, I went into the egcs/texinfo directory
and made install. I also went into texinfo/util and made install.
As a result, I get

mira% install-info  --version
install-info (GNU texinfo) 3.12
There is NO warranty.  You may redistribute this software
under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the files named COPYING.

Still, installing egcs produces this message:

install-info: menu item `gcc' already exists, for file `gcc'

Regards,
Martin