* Desire gcc option to skip warnings in standard headers
@ 1998-06-26 13:03 Frederick W. Wheeler
From: Frederick W. Wheeler @ 1998-06-26 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

It would be very convenient for me to have a gcc command-line option
or #pragma to prevent the printing of warnings in the standard
headers.  Warnings could begin to be issued at the first line that is
not #include <something.h>.  It seems to me that this would be
relatively easy to implement.

For example, in the following code I would like to have an option to
print no warnings until line 3 (which is blank).

1   #include <stream.h>
2   #include <math.h>
3
4   #include "myheader.h"

Of course, once warning begin to be printed, references back to lines
in the standard headers should be printed.

I use almost all of the gcc -W* options to lintify my code.  I have to
resort to a clumsy grep command to get rid of the deluge of warnings
occuring in the standard headers.

I am grateful to the people who have developed gcc and egcs.  These
are great systems.  Thanks for your hard work.

Regards,
Fred Wheeler

[parent not found: <9806261352.AA18188.cygnus.egcs@ipl.rpi.edu>]