* new SGI STL: testing
@ 1998-07-12 17:30 Joe Buck
From: Joe Buck @ 1998-07-12 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

I just run a test of the new SGI STL on sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1 with the
19980707 snapshot.  I replaced /libstdc++/stl with the new SGI STL,
except for the files

string
stdexcept
char_traits.h
stl_string_fwd.h

which I did not include.  All of the libstdc++ tests still pass, and
the g++ tests come out the same way.

I'm sure things went smoothly because the SGI group is using egcs in
their testing.

Some notes:

1) There are only 30 libstdc++ tests, and only 20 of the g++ tests use
any STL headers.  This is kind of weak coverage.

2) A patch will be needed for Linux/glibc2 systems; the patch whose
ChangeLog entry reads

Fri Feb 20 16:15:05 1998  H.J. Lu  (hjl@gnu.org)
                          Jason Merrill  <jason@yorick.cygnus.com>

        * ropeimpl.h: Check __STL_PTHREADS instead of _PTHREADS.
        * stl_alloc.h: Ditto.
        * stl_config.h: Ditto.
        * stl_rope.h: Ditto.

        * stl_config.h: include <_G_config.h> if __GNUG__ is defined.
        (__STL_PTHREADS): Defined if _PTHREADS is defined or
        __GLIBC__ >= 2.

should be redone for the new one.  It appears that the other fixes are
already in the new STL or are no longer needed.

only message in thread, other threads:[~1998-07-12 17:30 UTC | newest]