* static egcs build
@ 1998-09-23 11:33 Nils Lohner
From: Nils Lohner @ 1998-09-23 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

I'm trying to build the compiler statically, but can't figure out how to get
it to recognize the -static LDFLAG.  I tried the following (on most other
packages I've tried it works...):

egcs# env LDFLAGS=-static ../configure --prefix=/usr --host=sparc-sun-linux

but the flag doesn't make it into the individual makefiles.  Any suggestions?

Thanks, Nils.

* Re: static egcs build
@ 1998-09-24 12:46 ` Nils Lohner
From: Nils Lohner @ 1998-09-24 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

File this one under try before you post...

egcs#  env LDFLAGS=-static make

creates static executables just fine...  The reason I'm doing this is
because I'm playing with glibc and don't want to suddenly lose the ability
to compile :)

Nils.

In message < 199809231833.OAA16753@typhoon.icd.teradyne.com >, "Nils Lohner"
writ