* typename problem ?
@ 1998-12-15  7:35 Miniussi
From: Miniussi @ 1998-12-15  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

In :

template <class X>
struct Truc {
  typedef int tp;
  tp get();
};

template<class X>
Truc<X>::tp // line 9
Truc<X>::get() {return 42;}

It seems that a typename is required line 9 (14.6(6)), but egcs does
not require it, even with -pedantic (and it seems that the provided
STL uses such a construct without typename). Did I missed something
with 14.6(6)?

Alain

* Re: typename problem ?
@ 1998-12-15  9:24 ` Joe Buck
From: Joe Buck @ 1998-12-15  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Miniussi; +Cc: egcs

> In :
>
> template <class X>
> struct Truc {
>   typedef int tp;
>   tp get();
> };
>
> template<class X>
> Truc<X>::tp // line 9
> Truc<X>::get() {return 42;}
>
> It seems that a typename is required line 9 (14.6(6)), but egcs does
> not require it, even with -pedantic (and it seems that the provided
> STL uses such a construct without typename). Did I missed something
> with 14.6(6)?

It's a bug: egcs currently does not require typename in all the places
that it should.  As you say, there should at least be a warning.