* vtable bug again
@ 1999-02-16 14:34 Andreas Tobler
       [not found] ` < 36C9F39B.26D2A928@pop.agri.ch >
From: Andreas Tobler @ 1999-02-16 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs-list, egcs-bugs, Franz Sirl, John Lindal, Gary Thomas

I read through the mailing lists and all the subjects about vtable I read more
or less. Since 97.
My question is simple, will there be a fix for this bug in near future?
I do not know the details about this bug, means, I'm not familiar with the
effort which have to be spent. I'm a LinuxPPC user who tries to get some code
built under the latest LinuxPPC release. (right now still pre R5) In a few
weeks I expect the R5 which bases on the new glibc2. This glibc needs the
vtable as I read. So the advice to build the egcs & the libstdc++ under the
option -fno-vtable-thunks wouldn't help, since I have to build the glibc too.
And the whole SYSTEM will follow...

I'ts not my intention to blame people, but advices such as MS did to us when
we upgraded to VC++6.0 I don't need. They suggested to install another copy of
NT.??? (Situation was: we had VC++5 projects and VC++6 projects. When we did
the install of 6.0 it clutched all the important dll's in the Sys folder; they
got the same name as under VC 5.0. So a compile/debug under V5.0 wasn't
possible)

In the meantime I spent spent lots of hours to find out that it isn't possible
to do the work I expected do solve under LinuxPCC. I don't worry to spend
hours of work when there is a solution, but when I see I can't work/come
further I feel a bit frustrated.

Regards
Andreas

P.S. I'm not on the bugs list... only on egcs@egcs.cygnus.com
--
------------------

------------------
| Andreas Tobler
| CH-8004 Zuerich
| E-mail: toa@pop.agri.ch

* Re: vtable bug again
       [not found] ` < 36C9F39B.26D2A928@pop.agri.ch >
@ 1999-02-17 16:05   ` Martin v. Loewis
From: Martin v. Loewis @ 1999-02-17 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: toa; +Cc: egcs, egcs-bugs, Franz.Sirl-kernel, jafl, gdt

> My question is simple, will there be a fix for this bug in near future?

I think it is safe to assume that the answer is no. There might be,
but it certainly won't appear before 1.2 in released versions.

Regards,
Martin

* Re: vtable bug again
@ 1999-02-28 22:53     ` Martin v. Loewis