From: Gary Thomas <gdt@linuxppc.org>
To: David Edelsohn <dje@watson.ibm.com>
Cc: egcs@egcs.cygnus.com, linuxppc-dev@lists.linuxppc.org,
	sbb@gnu.org, kbhend@business.wm.edu,
	Randy Gobbel <gobbel@andrew.cmu.edu>
Subject: Re: Problem with egcs and denormalized constants?
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 23:46:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On 05-Mar-99 David Edelsohn wrote:

> Randy> I've been poking around in binutils a bit, and it looks to me like the
> Randy> badness is actually in gas.  Somewhere in expr.c is my current best
> Randy> guess.  As far as I can tell, gas doesn't actually call glibc to
> Randy> translate numbers, it has its own hairy platform-independent stuff for
> Randy> that.
>
>       Has anyone created a small, self-contained testcase and reported
> it as a bug to binutils?
>
> David

I'm looking into it.  Note: it was only in the last few hours that this
problem with GAS/BINUTILS/??? became known.

Gary Thomas                              |
email: gdt@linuxppc.org                  | "Fine wine is a necessity of
   ... opinions expressed here are mine  |        life for me"
       and no one else would claim them! |