* precompiled headers?
@ 1999-05-01 18:33 Alexader V. Voinov
From: Alexader V. Voinov @ 1999-05-01 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

There was a discussion in comp*gcc about precompiled headers. As to
implement them in gcc or not and is it at all meaningful. Is that
discussion 'inherited' by the egcs developers' community? Are there any
plans to implement precompiled headers in egcs?

WBR

Alexander

* Re: precompiled headers?
@ 1999-05-01 22:41 ` Martin v. Loewis
From: Martin v. Loewis @ 1999-05-01 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: avv; +Cc: egcs

> There was a discussion in comp*gcc about precompiled headers. As to
> implement them in gcc or not and is it at all meaningful. Is that
> discussion 'inherited' by the egcs developers' community? Are there any
> plans to implement precompiled headers in egcs?

I don't think there are plans to implement precompiled headers at this
time. As to whether this is meaningful, and whether it can be done:
You probably get the same comments here as you do on comp*gcc.

Regards,
Martin

* Re: precompiled headers?
@ 1999-05-02  3:30   ` Per Abrahamsen
From: Per Abrahamsen @ 1999-05-02  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: avv, egcs

"Martin v. Loewis" <martin@mira.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de> writes:

> I don't think there are plans to implement precompiled headers at this
> time.

From <URL: http://www.cygnus.com/news/corel.html >:

        Specifically, Cygnus will work with Corel to migrate the
        existing code to Linux and will support the following
        functionality in GNUPro:

        * Pre-compiled header support to provide significant
          build-time speedups

I assume this work will find its way to egcs, eventually.

* Re: precompiled headers?
@ 1999-05-02  3:45     ` Zack Weinberg
From: Zack Weinberg @ 1999-05-02  3:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Per Abrahamsen; +Cc: egcs

On 02 May 1999 12:29:56 +0200, Per Abrahamsen wrote:
>"Martin v. Loewis" <martin@mira.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de> writes:
>
>> I don't think there are plans to implement precompiled headers at this
>> time.

cccp already contains a partial implementation.  I don't think it was
ever finished or even gotten to the point of vaguely working.  It
looks to date from the same era as the interpreted-C dead end.

zw

* Re: precompiled headers?
@ 1999-05-31 21:36   ` Martin v. Loewis
From: Martin v. Loewis @ 1999-05-31 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: avv; +Cc: egcs

@ 1999-05-31 21:36       ` Zack Weinberg
From: Zack Weinberg @ 1999-05-31 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Per Abrahamsen; +Cc: egcs

@ 1999-05-31 21:36 ` Alexader V. Voinov
From: Alexader V. Voinov @ 1999-05-31 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

@ 1999-05-31 21:36     ` Per Abrahamsen
From: Per Abrahamsen @ 1999-05-31 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: avv, egcs

From <URL: http://www.cygnus.com/news/corel.html >:

        Specifically, Cygnus will work with Corel to migrate the
        existing code to Linux and will support the following
        functionality in GNUPro:

        * Pre-compiled header support to provide significant
          build-time speedups

I assume this work will find its way to egcs, eventually.

* Precompiled headers?
@ 1998-07-27 13:42 Thomas Wagner
From: Thomas Wagner @ 1998-07-27 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Does egcs allow for precompiling header files?

-Tom
--
honus+@cmu.edu, Principal Software Engineer, the NetBill project
Information Networking Institute, Carnegie Mellon University