* MacOS X host type
@ 1999-05-27 10:41 Brett Dikeman
From: Brett Dikeman @ 1999-05-27 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Any way to fool configure into building something close to the proper
target for MacOS X?  Just mucking around, and I couldn't even get
configure to "determine" the proper host.  I also tried
"ppc-apple-bsd", that didn't work.  It seems to "recognize" that:

Created "Makefile" in /Local/Users/brett/egcs-build

but then about 20 seconds later:

Configuration powerpc-apple-bsd not supported
Configure in /Local/Users/brett/egcs-build/gcc failed, exiting.

Suggestions?  I tried running configure scripts by hand, but the
compiler died with all sorts of nasty "syntax error" messages, so I'm
assuming that isn't the way to go :-)

Thx!
Brett
PS:Yep, I searched the archives like a good user :-)
----

Brett Dikeman
Network/System Administrator
Artel Software				617-451-9900x119