* Linux Programming
@ 1999-08-15 11:33 acácio silvestre
From: acácio silvestre @ 1999-08-15 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

 Please, I am early in Linux programming
and I would like to now how I can set the
cursor on text mode. I tried to find a function
(in libraries) like gotoxy, but I didn't.
I tried to develope my own function using inline
assembly but I don't now how
(in Linux).
    I hope you can help
me.

Thank you

Acácio Silvestre - from Brazil

* Re: Linux Programming
@ 1999-08-15 12:27 ` Martin v. Loewis
From: Martin v. Loewis @ 1999-08-15 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hackacio; +Cc: gcc

> Please, I am early in Linux programming and I would like to now how
> I can set the cursor on text mode. I tried to find a function (in
> libraries) like gotoxy, but I didn't.  I tried to develope my own
> function using inline assembly but I don't now how (in Linux).  I
> hope you can help me.

Please understand that this list is not the right place for such
questions; it is about the C compiler (gcc) only.

One of the Linux or Unix usenet groups would be more
appropriate. Nevertheless, your question is frequently-asked; you need
to study termcap(5) in detail, or the termcap texinfo pages.

Hope this helps,
Martin

* Re: Linux Programming
@ 1999-08-31 23:20   ` Martin v. Loewis
From: Martin v. Loewis @ 1999-08-31 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hackacio; +Cc: gcc

@ 1999-08-31 23:20 ` acácio silvestre
From: acácio silvestre @ 1999-08-31 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

@ 2001-01-29  4:20 ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2001-01-29  4:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Stump; +Cc: frazell, gcc

On Fri, 26 Jan 2001, Mike Stump wrote:
> Not here.  Try your local bookstore, failing that amazon.com, failing
> that your local library [...]

We should not recommend amazon.com on public GNU mailing lists, rather
to the contrary.

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/amazon.html for details; see
http://www.noamazon.com/ for alternatives.

Gerald

* Re: Linux Programming
@ 2001-01-26 19:32 Mike Stump
From: Mike Stump @ 2001-01-26 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: frazell, gcc

> From: "Frazell Thomas" <frazell@flashcom.net>
> To: <gcc@gcc.gnu.org>
> Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 21:44:14 -0500

> If I don't offend anyone I would like to find out where can I learn
> to use the GTK+ compiler in Linux (I'm not sure if that's the
> compiler name I don't have my Linux box on) and how to program Linux
> applications :O) thanks

Not here.  Try your local bookstore, failing that amazon.com, failing
that your local library, failing that a friend, failing that, go to
your favorite search engine and enter 'gtk linux' and start searching.

Also, see www.deja.com under discussions, and search for gtk and
linux, I'll bet it might find something.  And lastly, try www.gtk.org.

* Linux Programming
@ 2001-01-26 18:44 Frazell Thomas
From: Frazell Thomas @ 2001-01-26 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

If I don’t offend anyone I would like to find out where can I learn to use
the GTK+ compiler in Linux (I’m not sure if that’s the compiler name I don’t have
my Linux box on) and how to program Linux applications :O) thanks

smime.p7s

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: Linux Programming
@ 1999-08-31 23:20 ` Mike Stump
From: Mike Stump @ 1999-08-31 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, hackacio

> From: "=?iso-8859-1?Q?ac=E1cio_silvestre?=" <hackacio@sti.com.br>
> Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 15:06:33 -0300

> Please, I am early in Linux programming and I would like to now how
> I can set the cursor on text mode. I tried to find a function (in
> libraries) like gotoxy, but I didn't.  I tried to develope my own
> function using inline assembly but I don't now how.

No, we can't help you.  This forum discusses things like the optimal
way to reorder insns on a mips 5400 to avoid undocumented register
interlock problems on the chip.  Your question isn't that type of
question.

No, we can't tell you where to go either...  Try a group with the word
programming and linux.

Also, you might want to try a book store.

* Re: Linux Programming
@ 1999-08-16 10:48 Mike Stump
From: Mike Stump @ 1999-08-16 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, hackacio