* Re: Optimization for PII
@ 1999-09-13 17:21 Mike Stump
From: Mike Stump @ 1999-09-13 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Yes, pentiumpro can (should) be used on the PII and PIII.  I think we
could add PII and PIII as essentially aliases to pentiumpro for users
that don't know much about the CPU line.

* Optimization for PII
@ 1999-09-13  2:35 Rainer Dorsch
From: Rainer Dorsch @ 1999-09-13  2:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

The egcs documentation says

`-march=CPU TYPE'
     Generate instructions for the machine type CPU TYPE.  The choices
     for CPU TYPE are: `i386', `i486', `pentium', and `pentiumpro'.
     Specifying `-march=CPU TYPE' implies `-mcpu=CPU TYPE'.

It does not mention PII and PIII. Does pentiumpro run on PII and PIII or is
there another undocumented option (I am using gcc-2.95.1)?

Thanks.
--
Rainer Dorsch
Abt. Rechnerarchitektur  e-mail:rainer.dorsch@informatik.uni-stuttgart.de