* Re: Compiling old source code
@ 1999-12-28 16:55 Mike Stump
From: Mike Stump @ 1999-12-28 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, jhernan

> Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 20:01:45 +0100
> From: Jose Felix Hernandez <jhernan@maxwell.fais.upm.es>

>     I have to compile a source code.
>     I need an include file called std.h (on libgxx.tgz package, only for
> slackware 3.4 or before).

I'd recommend porting your application to a newer system.  If std.h is
your only problem, it should be trivial.

* Re: Compiling old source code
@ 1999-12-31 23:54 ` Mike Stump
From: Mike Stump @ 1999-12-31 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, jhernan

@ 2000-01-05 19:49     ` er-chan
From: er-chan @ 2000-01-05 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joe Buck; +Cc: Alexandre Oliva, Jose Felix Hernandez, gcc

#ifndef _std_h
#define _std_h 1
#include <_G_config.h>
#include <stddef>
#include <cstdlib>
#include <cstring>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <cstdio>
#include <cerrno>
#include <fcntl.h>

extern "C" {
int strcasecmp _G_ARGS(( const char*, const char*));
}
#endif

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, Joe Buck wrote:

> Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 12:33:31 -0800 (PST)
> From: Joe Buck <jbuck@synopsys.COM>
> To: Alexandre Oliva <oliva@lsd.ic.unicamp.br>
> Cc: Jose Felix Hernandez <jhernan@maxwell.fais.upm.es>, gcc@gcc.gnu.org
> Subject: Re: Compiling old source code
>

> On Dec 27, 1999, Jose Felix Hernandez <jhernan@maxwell.fais.upm.es> wrote:
> >
> > >     I need an include file called std.h (on libgxx.tgz package, only for
> > > slackware 3.4 or before).
>
> Alexandre Oliva writes:
>
> > You should install libg++, that's available in the GCC infrastructure
> > ftp directory.  It's no longer part of GCC.
>
> Using libg++ is overkill.  The old std.h is really just a combination of
> <stdlib.h>, <string.h>, and possibly a few other standard headers.  In
> most cases, simply replacing
>
> #include <std.h>
>
> by references to stdlib.h, string.h and possibly unistd.h will result in
> a correct program with all needed prototypes.

                                                 .-.       \ o /
                                  \ /           ((_))        |  _|
        `----\--\'    _-_          |             >-<        / \  \o
             _\__\---'---`---.___ /o\    ___.---'---`---.___     ( \
             \----._er-chan__.----` at   '----._scn.org.----`   o
      ____________/_/_       _ o         _/     usa.net   \_   /|\
                              /\   ___\o(_)               (_)  / \
                             | \  /)  |

* Re: Compiling old source code
@ 2000-01-05 12:36   ` Joe Buck
From: Joe Buck @ 2000-01-05 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexandre Oliva; +Cc: Jose Felix Hernandez, gcc

@ 2000-01-05 12:22 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2000-01-05 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jose Felix Hernandez; +Cc: gcc

--
Alexandre Oliva http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva IC-Unicamp, Bra[sz]il
oliva@{lsd.ic.unicamp.br,guarana.{org,com}} aoliva@{acm,computer}.org

* Compiling old source code
@ 1999-12-31 23:54 ` Jose Felix Hernandez
From: Jose Felix Hernandez @ 1999-12-31 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

    Hello,

    I have to compile a source code. I hace compiled it with slackware
3.4 (a very old version), but the libraries and includes that i need
don't appear on later version or redhat.
    I need an include file called std.h (on libgxx.tgz package, only for
slackware 3.4 or before).
    I copied this include directly to my redhat 6.0 but i had several
problems with incorrect types ....

    How must i compile this source code?

    Thank you.

    Best regards and good Y2K.