* Getting access to anonymous_namespace_name in dwarf2out.c
@ 2002-10-22  3:11 Daniel Berlin
From: Daniel Berlin @ 2002-10-22  3:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

For some context:
i've been maintaining a patch that was approved eons ago that adds
DW_AT_namespace support to dwarf2out.c, waiting for the GDB guys got
around to adding namespace support.  David Carlton is working on it,
and noticed that anonymous namespaces get a DW_AT_name attribute when
they shouldn't get one at all.

So, for proper namespace support in dwarf2, i need access to
anonymous_namespace_name from cp/cp-tree.h (because DECL_NAME(anonymous
namespace NAMEPSPACE_DECL) == anonymous_namespace_name) in order to
identify the anonymous namespaces, so we can omit the DW_AT_name
attribute for them.  The alternative is to strncmp against
"_GLOBAL__N", but that seems hackish (and would break if
FILE_FUNCTION_FORMAT changed).

Would people rather this be done with a strncmp, or can i move
anonymous_namespace_name from cp/cp-tree.h to tree.h?

--Dan

* Re: Getting access to anonymous_namespace_name in dwarf2out.c
@ 2002-10-25  3:29 ` David Carlton
From: David Carlton @ 2002-10-25  3:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Berlin; +Cc: gcc

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002 23:41:16 -0400, Daniel Berlin <dberlin@dberlin.org> said:

> i've been maintaining a patch that was approved eons ago that adds
> DW_AT_namespace support to dwarf2out.c, waiting for the GDB guys got
> around to adding namespace support.  David Carlton is working on it,

Yup.  Specifically, in case anybody else is curious, GDB 5.3 will at
least be able to handle DW_AT_namespace, DW_AT_imported_declaration,
and DW_AT_imported module without getting confused: it won't really
use the namespace info, but it will at least allow future GCC releases
to start putting that info in its debugging output.  Future releases
of GDB should then actually use that info, if present; some of that is
starting to work on branches of CVS GDB, though not yet in the trunk.

David Carlton
carlton@math.stanford.edu