From: Joe Buck <jbuck@synopsys.COM>
To: rahul.parasnis@creditlyonnais.fr (Rahul Parasnis)
Cc: gcc@gcc.gnu.org (gcc)
Subject: Re: Support
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 08:57:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Your message asks for help, but then threatens us.  It contains:

> This e-mail contains confidential information or information belonging
> to Cr=e9dit Lyonnais and is intended solely for the addressees.
> The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either whole
> or partial) of this e-mail, or any information it contains, is prohibited.

By sending this message to the gcc mailing list, you installed it on
the archive web site where it can be found by all; this would appear to
violate the above prohibition.  While I don't believe that the above
text is legally binding, if the various US states pass the terrible UCITA
law it will be.

So should we delete your message from the archive and block your site
so that none of Credit Lyonnais's precious secrets are disclosed?  Or
can you convince your superiors to remove that obnoxious notice and
ask the employees to attach it only to highly confidential mail?