I got so tired of not being able to use stringstreams that I wrote this. It is probably not all according to the standard but it is a lot better than the nothing that we have got currently. I suppose that I had been better of working on libstdc++-v3 but this was faster. I will write a copyright assignment and send as well if you wish to use the code. It is in any case covered by GPL since it is derived from one of the other iostream headers but I suspect it is needed anyhow. ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com