From: "Martin v. Loewis" <martin@loewis.home.cs.tu-berlin.de>
To: mrs@windriver.com
Cc: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: Removing GNATS categories
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 14:33:00 -0000	[thread overview]

> But, you see, there are experts that can recategorize into finer
> detail.  I know that I have always wanted, and often used finer
> resolution than just g++.  EH/pt/mi/rtti/vtbl and so on...  I find
> such micro categories very useful.  It'd be nice for gnats to support
> a subcategory, then the main one could be g++, with the minor one be
> even more specific.

I agree. What we probably could do is to add the categories, and not
expose them to the submitter. Not adding them into the gccbug script
is easy. Not adding them in gnatsweb.pl is more difficult, unless we
have two cgi scripts - one for database maintainers, and one for
submitters. Again, this is a request for perl hackers - any
volunteers?

Otherwise, I guess I just have to rewrite gnatsweb in Python - is
there a Python installation on sourceware? :-)

Regards,
Martin