* Re: About macros.
@ 2000-03-30 14:37 Mike Stump
From: Mike Stump @ 2000-03-30 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Virgil.Palanciuc, gcc

> From: "Virgil Palanciuc" <Virgil.Palanciuc@cs.pub.ro>
> To: "Gcc@Gcc. Gnu. Org" <gcc@gcc.gnu.org>
> Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 21:40:31 +0300

Ditch html in email...

>        Could you please tell me where can I read something obout
> macros like TIMEVAR, DECL_INLINE, DECL_DEFFER_OUTPUT?

Sure, do find-tag in emacs on it, it'll take you right to the
documentation.  If you use less powerful editors, bring up tree.h and
search.

* Re: About macros.
@ 2000-04-01  2:54 ` Martin v. Loewis
From: Martin v. Loewis @ 2000-04-01  2:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Virgil.Palanciuc; +Cc: gcc

>        Could you please tell me where can I read something obout macros like
> TIMEVAR, DECL_INLINE, DECL_DEFFER_OUTPUT? I browsed though the documentation
> I have and I found nothing (I should mention that my gcc documentation is
> not quite complete). I guess I could look at sources and find out exactly
> what they do, but it would be a lot easier and faster if I had some docs.

A quick grep in the *.texi documents shows that they are not
documented. So your observation is correct: the gcc documentation is
incomplete, and looking at the sources is your only option. To
simplify life for future GCC users: Would you consider contributing
documentation for these macros? If so, send patches to
gcc-patches@gcc.gnu.org.

Regards,
Martin

* About macros.
@ 2000-03-30 10:48 Virgil Palanciuc
From: Virgil Palanciuc @ 2000-03-30 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gcc@Gcc. Gnu. Org

       Could you please tell me where can I read something obout macros like
TIMEVAR, DECL_INLINE, DECL_DEFFER_OUTPUT? I browsed though the documentation
I have and I found nothing (I should mention that my gcc documentation is
not quite complete). I guess I could look at sources and find out exactly
what they do, but it would be a lot easier and faster if I had some docs.

   Virgil.

* About macros.
@ 2000-03-30 10:38 Virgil Palanciuc
From: Virgil Palanciuc @ 2000-03-30 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)