* Re: longlong.h: __udiv_qrnnd
@ 2000-04-12 14:02 Richard Kenner
From: Richard Kenner @ 2000-04-12 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rth; +Cc: gcc

    *shrug*  Does it matter?  AFAIK we don't use anything from
    longlong.h in gcc on Alpha.  That gets used in like libgcc2's
    __divdi3 etc, which never gets used.

Interesting you asked.  ;-)

bitsizetype on Alpha is 128 bits, so we can get TImode arithmetic.  I
added the proper #define's in longlong.h to make that be divti3 and
such for 64-bit hosts.  Then I run into the above problem.

* Re: longlong.h: __udiv_qrnnd
@ 2000-04-12 14:07 ` Richard Henderson
From: Richard Henderson @ 2000-04-12 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Kenner; +Cc: gcc

On Wed, Apr 12, 2000 at 05:02:56PM -0400, Richard Kenner wrote:
> bitsizetype on Alpha is 128 bits, so we can get TImode arithmetic.  I
> added the proper #define's in longlong.h to make that be divti3 and
> such for 64-bit hosts.  Then I run into the above problem.

Ah.  Well, perhaps we should add the appropriate routine to libgcc1?

Here is a copy for reference.  It's been macro-ized for glibc, but
it's obvious how to rewrite the headers.

r~

* Re: longlong.h: __udiv_qrnnd
@ 2000-04-12 13:57 ` Richard Henderson
From: Richard Henderson @ 2000-04-12 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Kenner; +Cc: gcc

@ 2000-04-12 13:54 Richard Kenner
From: Richard Kenner @ 2000-04-12 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rth; +Cc: gcc

    It's in glibc, and it was bundled with gmp, from whence the
    current version of longlong.h is derived.

@ 2000-04-12 13:47 ` Richard Henderson
From: Richard Henderson @ 2000-04-12 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Kenner; +Cc: gcc

On Wed, Apr 12, 2000 at 08:33:20AM -0400, Richard Kenner wrote:
> This function is defined for Alpha under some cases and there seems to
> be an assumption there's a library function of that name.  I don't
> have it on my Alpha.  Does anybody know what this is about?

It's in glibc, and it was bundled with gmp, from whence the
current version of longlong.h is derived.

r~

* longlong.h: __udiv_qrnnd
@ 2000-04-12  5:33 Richard Kenner
From: Richard Kenner @ 2000-04-12  5:33 UTC (permalink / raw)