* CVS commit fails
@ 2000-05-30  4:20 Philipp Thomas
From: Philipp Thomas @ 2000-05-30  4:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: Jeffrey A . Law

I'm not able to commit my changes to ChangeLog and MAINTAINERS. The moment
cvs tries to actually commit, I get:

cvs server: [03:22:32] waiting for anoncvs's lock in /cvs/gcc/egcs

I guess this results from screwed up logs because of the core dump that
happened as result of trying 'cvs diff -Up' yesterday.

Philipp

--
Philipp Thomas <pthomas@suse.de>
Development, SuSE GmbH, Schanzaecker Str. 10, D-90443 Nuremberg, Germany

#define NINODE  50              /* number of in core inodes */
#define NPROC   30              /* max number of processes */
 	-- Version 7 UNIX fuer PDP 11, /usr/include/sys/param.h

* Re: CVS commit fails
@ 2000-05-30  7:32 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2000-05-30  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philipp Thomas; +Cc: gcc

  In message < 20000530131415.O12004@Jeffreys.suse.de >you write:
  > I'm not able to commit my changes to ChangeLog and MAINTAINERS. The moment
  > cvs tries to actually commit, I get:
  >
  > cvs server: [03:22:32] waiting for anoncvs's lock in /cvs/gcc/egcs
  >
  > I guess this results from screwed up logs because of the core dump that
  > happened as result of trying 'cvs diff -Up' yesterday.
Yes.  It left a lock on the tree.  I've removed the lock and everything
ought to work again.

I'm still not sure why -Up failed for you though.

jeff

* Re: CVS commit fails
@ 2000-05-30  7:39   ` Franz Sirl
From: Franz Sirl @ 2000-05-30  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: law; +Cc: Philipp Thomas, gcc

At 16:22 30.05.00, Jeffrey A Law wrote:

>   In message < 20000530131415.O12004@Jeffreys.suse.de >you write:
>   > I'm not able to commit my changes to ChangeLog and MAINTAINERS. The
> moment
>   > cvs tries to actually commit, I get:
>   >
>   > cvs server: [03:22:32] waiting for anoncvs's lock in /cvs/gcc/egcs
>   >
>   > I guess this results from screwed up logs because of the core dump that
>   > happened as result of trying 'cvs diff -Up' yesterday.
>Yes.  It left a lock on the tree.  I've removed the lock and everything
>ought to work again.
>
>I'm still not sure why -Up failed for you though.

Well, maybe because -U requires a numeric argument? Probably he meant -u,
man diff states:

        -u     Use the unified output format.

        -U lines
        --unified[=lines]
               Use  the  unified  output  format, showing lines (an
integer) lines of context, or three if lines is not given.
               For proper operation, patch typically needs at least two
lines of context.

Franz.

* Re: CVS commit fails
@ 2000-05-30  7:44     ` Philipp Thomas
From: Philipp Thomas @ 2000-05-30  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Franz Sirl; +Cc: law, gcc

* Franz Sirl (Franz.Sirl-kernel@lauterbach.com) [20000530 16:39]:

> Well, maybe because -U requires a numeric argument? Probably he meant -u,

Of cause! I must have been rather dense not to notice that.

Philipp