* -march= for x86
@ 2000-06-09 15:09 tmwg-gcc
From: tmwg-gcc @ 2000-06-09 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

   I understood from the docs that -march=i686 automatically supplied
-mcpu=i686 as well. Yet I see examples of people using both of them on the
command line at the same time (redundantly if I understood correctly).
   Did I read wrong?

* Re: -march= for x86
@ 2000-06-09 15:41 ` Richard Henderson
From: Richard Henderson @ 2000-06-09 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tmwg-gcc; +Cc: gcc

On Fri, Jun 09, 2000 at 03:07:57PM -0700, tmwg-gcc@inxservices.com wrote:
>    I understood from the docs that -march=i686 automatically supplied
> -mcpu=i686 as well. Yet I see examples of people using both of them on the
> command line at the same time (redundantly if I understood correctly).
>    Did I read wrong?

No, you read correctly.  Folks are using redundant arguments.

r~