* en_UK considered harmful
@ 2000-06-11 12:17 Robert Brady
From: Robert Brady @ 2000-06-11 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I'm pleaded to note there is a British translation for gcc. Unfortunately,
this has been mislabelled - the correct country code in ISO 3166 for the
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is for some reason
"GB", so the locale code should be en_GB, and not en_UK. [1]

en_GB is used by glibc, gnome, kde, etc, so please rename the file
appropriately. :)

[1] yes, the UK's tld is .uk, but that's only because we sneakily
    registered it anyway. .gb also exists (eg www.dra.hmg.gb).

--
Robert

* Re: en_UK considered harmful
@ 2000-06-12 15:16 ` Philipp Thomas
From: Philipp Thomas @ 2000-06-12 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Brady; +Cc: gcc

* Robert Brady (robert@susu.org.uk) [20000611 21:17]:

> I'm pleaded to note there is a British translation for gcc.

Which is far out of date BTW :( I've tried my best to resync it, but may
have failed doing it correctly simply because English isn't my native
tongue.

> en_GB is used by glibc, gnome, kde, etc, so please rename the file
> appropriately. :)

Thanks for pointing this out. I'll do the change with my next patches.

Philipp

--
Philipp Thomas <pthomas@suse.de>
Development, SuSE GmbH, Schanzaecker Str. 10, D-90443 Nuremberg, Germany

#define NINODE  50              /* number of in core inodes */
#define NPROC   30              /* max number of processes */
 	-- Version 7 UNIX for PDP 11, /usr/include/sys/param.h