From: Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com>
To: pthomas@suse.de
Cc: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: cp/errfn.c
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 22:34:00 -0000	[thread overview]

    Philipp> Mark,

    Philipp> errfn.c uses K&R funtion definitions. As it's allways
    Philipp> compiled by gcc, I'd say there is no need to do
    Philipp> so. Equally so for using VPARAMS.

In general, we've tried to avoid making code in the C++ front-end
impossible to compile with other compilers.  We haven't tried too hard
to make sure in can be compiled with other compilers -- but we've
tried not to do obviously unfriendly things.  The reason is that code
tends to migrate from one place in the compiler to another.  And
errfns.c is code that is likely to end up more widely shared than it
presently is.

Does that make sense?