From: Joe Buck <jbuck@racerx.synopsys.com>
To: mrs@windriver.com (Mike Stump)
Cc: ddolan@andrew.cmu.edu, gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: Tree documentation
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 11:18:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Mike Stump wrote:
> Yes, there is a 543+ page manual.
>
> If you haven't seen it, more `find . -name *.texi -print`...  Also on
> the web site, see http://gcc.gnu.org/ and look under Docs:Manual:gcc.

Mike, you've repeatedly posted messages like this to the gcc list.
These messages are frequently insulting, and in this case, simply wrong,
as the manual has no relevant information.

(it wouldn't be insulting to point someone to the manual when there is
good information there, but even in that case it could be done with less
sarcasm than is your usual style)

It makes the gcc list a more unpleasant place that you do this so much.
Since we (the SC) promised Mark Mitchell that we'd try to stamp out rude
behavior on the gcc list as one of the conditions for him taking the job,
I'm calling you on this.  You need to clean up your act.  It's especially
counterproductive to insult people who are trying to learn enough about
gcc internals to make significant contributions.  Before hitting "send"
on gcc messages, please ask yourself whether you would feel insulted
if you were the recipient, not the sender, of one of your missives.

Before telling someone to RTFM, please make sure that there is something
relevant in the FM.  In this case, had you yourself read the FM, you would
have found the following text (the last paragraph of gcc/rtl.texi):