* Re: Parallel build problems on sparc-sun-solaris2.8
@ 2000-09-20 11:01 Mike Stump
From: Mike Stump @ 2000-09-20 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, pfeifer

> Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 15:12:48 +0200 (CEST)
> From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
> To: gcc@gcc.gnu.org

> Has any of you access to a two-processor SPARC box running Solaris
> 2.8 (or perhaps 2.7)?

> I'm getting weird parallel build failures and would like to know whether
> these can be reproduced by someone else using my settings.

Most parallel build problems can be seen on single processor boxes
with a -j3 to -j5 bootstrap.  They can usually be identified by the
fact that make -j1 works flawlessly, and a make -j5 doesn't.  :-(

If you show us the error in a make -j5, we can probably tell you if
we've seen it before.

* Parallel build problems on sparc-sun-solaris2.8
@ 2000-09-20  6:12 Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2000-09-20  6:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Has any of you access to a two-processor SPARC box running Solaris 2.8
(or perhaps 2.7)?

I'm getting weird parallel build failures and would like to know whether
these can be reproduced by someone else using my settings.

(Perhaps this even can be reproduced on a different two-processor box.
If someone would like to give it a try, please contact me directly.)

Gerald